Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ultra Modified DK2M Dinky PRO

Hello friends, I come to show my ultra modified DK2 Dinky
    The idea was to have a guitar terrifyingly modified but without appearing to, like a Beetle with a Ferrari engine
    but the ultimate goal was to make this guitar sound exactly how I like, I think I've achieved

Yes, it is a Jackson Dinky DK2M, originally It had a Maple Neck, but I changed it by one of Rosewood

I hated the nasal sound and the lack of Sustain that It had, Now sounds more balanced, fuller bass response, greatest Sustain

It has Metal Pickups Rings, fine-threaded studs to make the bridge height adjustment much more precise and Solid Brass knurled bushings
    I Replace the original mics for a Gibson 4-conductor Classic '57 on the Neck, and a Seymour Duncan Custom JB-8 on the Bridge, it's a sawing machine!!

The electronics are quite complicated:
    *3-way Megaswitch by Schaller to control the pickups position
    *two DiMarzio 500kOhm Custom Taper Pot, one with Push/Pull for phase switching (On/Out)
    *two Mini Toggle On/On/On Switches, For 3-mode Series/coil-taped/parallel pickup switching
    In the middle position and coil tapped It have another Humbucker made of the Inner Coils, that is great because is noise free

What could be better than a Floyd Rose made ​​by Schaller in Germany to keep the tuning perfectly and give that great sustain?

on the reverse side is pure lust:
    *KGC 3/4" Thick 42mm long Brass Sustain Block with spring retainer bar
    *Gold Plated Springs
    *KGC Brass Spring Claw (milled from a solid piece of brass)
    *Brass tremolo Stop (when I'm recording in the studio is better to have it fixed, but normally I have it floating)

Sperzel 6-In-Line Non-Graduated Tuners to make the String change very easy and fast, while ensuring a good contact between the strings and the nut due to its low profile

well, that's all friends! I hope you like it!

The shot of the brass parts was beautiful.

Comment

It's a sleeper with all of those hidden high performance parts. I didn't think that FR would fit the JT580LP route so well.

Comment

Originally posted by Trussrod View Post
        I didn't think that FR would fit the JT580LP route so well.
        Looks a little like the route was modified. Especially on the low E side.

Comment

Great pics man, love all the detailed information.

Thanks
          sigpic
          Action Jackson

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
            Looks a little like the route was modified. Especially on the low E side.

In fact is a regular/Stock Bridge Routing, But it has to be a Schaller OFR,or a Jackson JT590 by Schaller Floyd Rose to fit perfectly

I used the OFR of a friend to compare in the JT580LP cavity and I found what you can see, This OFR bridge is a little smaller than the one made ​​by Schaller, especially on the Low E Side and the Back of the plate, For the rest It operates normally, and the distance between post is the same

have done a little research I found these Jackson JT590 Floyd Rose by Schaller, they fit as good as the OFR by Schaller
            This was a bridge I got used from eBay, then sold it and bought a new Schaller Floyd Rose

Comment

What is your thought on the location of the trem stop/ spring location and angle?

Comment

Thanks for sharing your research on this. It looks like a big improvement over the 580LP.

Originally posted by DrJackson View Post
                In fact is a regular/Stock Bridge Routing, But it has to be a Schaller OFR,or a Jackson JT590 by Schaller Floyd Rose to fit perfectly

I used the OFR of a friend to compare in the JT580LP cavity and I found what you can see, This OFR bridge is a little smaller than the one made ​​by Schaller, especially on the Low E Side and the Back of the plate, For the rest It operates normally, and the distance between post is the same

have done a little research I found these Jackson JT590 Floyd Rose by Schaller, they fit as good as the OFR by Schaller
                This was a bridge I got used from eBay, then sold it and bought a new Schaller Floyd Rose

Comment

Yup, Schallers fit JT580LP routs very nicely. All you have to do for a near perfect looking fit is knock off the angled portion of the rout and itll look factory.
                  Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

42mm block? Can you put the cover back on? Recessed Jacksons use 32mm.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                      What is your thought on the location of the trem stop/ spring location and angle?
                      +1

that's the first thing I noticed as well. Why would one have the springs at an angle especially when there's a claw free? :think:
                      Sam

Comment

Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                        +1

that's the first thing I noticed as well. Why would one have the springs at an angle especially when there's a claw free? :think:
                        I can't say much about the asymmetric spring placement, but I know that by angling the springs (if you have only 2 for example) you can achieve a higher tension, similar to a 3 spring setup, without having to move the claw. Having only 2 springs will give you a "spongy" or "snappy" feel with an equivalent tension, and a 3 spring setup of equivalent tension will give a "tighter" feel. Depends on what you're looking for in terms of the "feel" of the strings.

Comment

Guitar looks great btw!

Comment

Originally posted by axmann View Post
                            Originally posted by emperor_black View Post
                            +1
                            I'm glad you have asked, this is why...

Empirically I found that SSS (straight, straight, straight) Springs Setup has a Harder feel on the strings than a ASA (angled, straight, angled) setup

Since I'm using a tremolo-stop device, I have to inevitably change the Spring arrangement.
                            I can not have the classic layout ASA (angled, straight, angled) and I did not want to change my "String Feel" so I opted to use a variant of this: a AAS (angled, angled, straight) which has the exactly same feel

I assume (by analogy) that an AAA disposition will have a even softer feeling
                            Last edited by DrJackson; 01-09-2012, 01:17 PM. Reason: image editing

Comment

So, DrJackson, your conclusion is that AAS gives the same feel as ASA which from the first group of pics indicates a softer feel. Then I'll leave my springs as it is, SSS format.
                              Sam

Comment

Working...
                              X