RX10 Lighning Sky graphic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RX10 Lighning Sky graphic

Ok, I'm gonna ask this because I've never seen one. Did they actually have an RX10 with a Lightning Sky Graphic? the reason I ask is that, I stopped into a guitar center in Knoxville and saw one in their used section, that's what the tag says yet, I know GC doesn't always tag them with the right name (Once saw a DK2 tagged as a SL1)
    This one was in really good shape. they had $249 on the tag.
    Last edited by Robert Hendrix; 02-01-2012, 08:51 PM.
    Prosecutors will be violated...

I saw that one on the web. I believe it was a limited editions made for just one of the big online stores.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
      I saw that one on the web. I believe it was a limited editions made for just one of the big online stores.
      It looks pretty good in person. like new. It still has plastic over the truss rod cover and back plates.. I freaked out when I saw it. I always wanted a lightning sky soloist or DK1 but as far as I knew that's all you could get em on. The graphic isn't quite as good as the USA's are but for an imports at that price, it had me tempted for a mnute. If I had the throw away cash, I would have snagged it, but my daughters getting married in april so I'm saving money for a trip home to Texas.

Comment

Yup theyre legit!
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I saw that one on the web.
          Linkage?
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I had one (which was technically an RX10D). The JT580 was swapped out with an OFR. It wasn't a bad guitar, but I sold it.

Comment

Very nice find. One day I will have a V!

Comment

It was done for American Musical Supply. According to the original description, Lightning Sky was the most popular graphic for the RR1.
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Originally posted by Axewielder View Post
                  I had one (which was technically an RX10D). The JT580 was swapped out with an OFR. It wasn't a bad guitar, but I sold it.
                  Please excuse my ignorance, but what did the D stand for?

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  It was done for American Musical Supply. According to the original description, Lightning Sky was the most popular graphic for the RR1.
                  I've always love the Lightning sky graphic. I wanted a Nightswan when they came out so bad, but back then I couldn't afford a REAL guitar. LOL

I've been looking at V's a lot lately. There is a King V I've had my eye on that (I think) is a GC exclusive since that's the only place I ever see one but I haven't found a pic of it online to post.. It's silver with black bevels and celtic style inlays. Pretty cool looking guitar.. sticker on the back says "Made in Indonesia" though, not sure if that's a good thing.

Comment

Those GC exclusives are essentially JS guitars.
                    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Pretty cool looking guitar.. sticker on the back says "Made in Indonesia" though, not sure if that's a good thing.
                      Are you sure it didn't say made in India?
                      It was done for American Musical Supply.
                      That's were I thought it was from.
                      Linkage?
                      Really you can't look up guitarcenter in knoxville?

Comment

LOL I actually saw that one the other day. Kept it to myself though....

Typing in RX10D in GC Used search bar yields 2 results, this, and a black one.

Comment

Originally posted by Robert Hendrix View Post
                          Please excuse my ignorance, but what did the D stand for?
                          That it had sharkies. RX10 had dots.

Really you can't look up guitarcenter in knoxville?
                          Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                          Typing in RX10D in GC Used search bar yields 2 results, this, and a black one.
                          Well, I searched under RX10, knowing GC's propensity for getting models wrong + trusting the OP's Title of this thread. Silly me
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Are you sure it didn't say made in India?
                            Yep, The King V said Indonesia

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Well, I searched under RX10, knowing GC's propensity for getting models wrong + trusting the OP's Title of this thread. Silly me
                            Sorry, I didn't know about the D.. It wasn't on the hang tag.

Comment

Working...
                            X