replacement trem parts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• replacement trem parts

Does anybody know if these studs will fit in the existing bushing of a Jackson DK2? The studs on the guitar now seem to have a little bit of a nick all the way around right where the trem contacts them.

Thanks for any input. I would just change out the bushings and all but I don't have access to any tools that may be required to do that.
    Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Not sure. If you have a hardware store nearby, maybe you can take a DK2 stud to them and have them tell you the size and compare to stewmac?

As far as pulling bushings, I used to have the same issue, but then I used my brain () and got a handful of washers nuts bolts. You need a bolt threaded to fit the bushing. You need a stack of washers that are big enough that the bushing in the guitar can pass through them, and finally you need a washer for the head of the bolt that is sized to fit the head. And finally somthing to protect the guitar finish from the washer - cardboard would work.

The bolt goes through the correct sized washer, then through the big washers, then through something to protect the guitar finish. You screw this stack into the bushing and pull the bushing out by tightening the bolt through the oversized washers.

Comment

Working...
    X