Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• GW vdeo review Jackson X Series King V KVXMG and Rhoads RRXT

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=34tzxbR1Xfc

Ferchissiakes! Jackson this dude isn't doing you any favours demoing your product. Can't you guys use some advertising dollar juice to sit in an endorsee for the playing part of their reviews? This guy can make the best guitar ever made sound like canned ass plugged into a a tesla coil.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Ahahaha this dude again!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

These are demo's, not reviews.
      --------------------------------------------

I got to play a RR at GC today and it had zero, 0, No mojo. Nothing at at all. The old RR3's are nicer.

Comment

This is like me doing a demo of an acoustic guitar!

He's outta his element!
        "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
        Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

These are also reviews..IMO!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

If I'm a 17 year old kid watching this video scraping my bucks up for a metal guitar and hear this, I'm probably looking at a different guitar. I'm am by no means a cutting edge metal guy and it's not so much how bad he is at playing metal style riffs, but I've never heard this guy have a good high gain tone in any product demo/review. At least he's chilled on saying "check this out" every time he starts playing, but if tone is in the hands this guys hands weren't made for metal.
            GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

you are correct sir!

Comment

I never understood all the hate. I think he's got skills. Maybe not Dave Mustaine quality rhythms, but he's no slouch.

Check out him wailing on a gorgeous Charvel at the beginning of this Spider Valve MKII demo

Oh, and I REALLY want that Charvel =====D~~~
                Last edited by Axegrinder87; 02-09-2012, 05:35 AM.
                "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

He doesn't suck whatsoever. But ummmm ....eh...ya know? He doesn't sell the fucker either. Line 6 got Jeff Loomis to demo their shit...now that's thinkin'!!!!!

Comment

I'll always hate this guy for mispronouncing Chuck (Schuldiner)'s name.
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Shoool-Diner! Grrr.....
                      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Is that the Paul something dude from Guitar World? He is better than most. Problem is in the age of the internet and instant public platforms and celebrity, so many reviewers can barely even play....its shocking really. The Music Shop guys are usually the funniest or most depressing, depending on your outlook.

I don't think he can manage it because he has small hands and his sense of rhythm playing is a bit stuttery. He's much cleaner on a shorter scale length and his riffs do suck.

And those EMG pups sound like my early '90s Crate practice amp, no mid tones, no rounded lows all fizz with no fireworks....Yeah probably any 17 yr old with no previous musical ability would love it.

All reviews suck IMO, they never slow down and actually play something tuneful and show you the true nature of the beast they are too busy playing nonsensical, fast, crappy and badly executed runs that are usually mostly obscured by a backing track. And by nature all reviewers, no matter what their ability lack any sense of rhythm or musicality. As I say that guy is better than most, the PUP/guitar combination probably sucks on that guitar. Aren't they Basswood anyhow? I think Basswood + EMG's = CRAP personally but then I'm not into new the metal stuff.

The fact he likes delay so much says it all. Guys like him, into that always have this kind of stuttery non fluid style, they seem to actually want it to sound like that for some unknown reason. They like piecemeal glittering, never really going for it balls out, shimmering sounds that sound like disco glitter balls.

He was probably a fan of the Wonderstuff and Neds Atomic Dustbin when he was growing up. I reckon he needs a serious injection of Blues Rock Chatter if you ask me but I'm not going to be the man that gives it to him.
                        Last edited by ginsambo; 02-10-2012, 03:28 PM.
                        You can't really be jealous of something you can't fathom.

Comment

"And by nature all reviewers, no matter what their ability lack any sense of rhythm or musicality" What!?

I used to work in the same office as the Total Guitar editorial staff back in the late 90s. There were three staff writers who would review gear, as well as various freelancers. Two of the guys were okay players; one was fantastic, extremely musical and versatile. And yes, he had a sense of rhythm.
                          My other signature says something funny

Comment

Working...
                          X