Need Help Identifying Dinky

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need Help Identifying Dinky

Just got this used at a good price. Seller wasn't original owner, and didn't have original paperwork. He said he thinks it's a DK2S Pro Series, MIJ. At some point in its life someone had taken out the original PUPs and sustainiac system, replacing them EMG 85, SA SA. Overall condition I'd say is about 7.5/10. Worst thing is the FR licensed trem, which throws the guitar out of tune when I use it. Low E is most problematic. Of the original Vol, Tone, Tone knobs, only the Vol works, and even that is not smooth. From the equivalent of about 10 to 2 there's no change in volume, then it drops off the cliff to 0. One of the 2 little switches now acts as a toggle to turn off the volume completely, and the other little switch does nothing.Serial #9681633. The body and hardware color are inconsistent with it being a DKS2 Pro Series. This guitar is black and chrome. Whereas all the models Ive seen advertised with black bodies had black hardware. Chrome came with non-black guitars.Video of someone playing DK2S (not me) as an example: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B5MkPMCwBlc
    This guitar needs some work. But Im hesitant to proceed until I find out exactly what I have. Appreciate any help.Thanks
    Last edited by HESSESS; 02-13-2012, 05:36 AM.

Link to thread with pics of the actual guitar
    http://www.strat-talk.com/forum/non-...tml#post841904

Comment

DK2S, MIJ, RacerX can better tell the year by serial, but inside the neck pocket should be a stamp......
      Floyd problems could be the clamps on the nut are sideways or could be grooved, the nut could be loose, the knife edges (on the base plate) could be worn, the posts could be loose.
      "illegal downloading saved people from having to buy that piece of shit you tried to pass off as music" - Nighbat

Comment

968 should be 2003 era.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X