Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ELITE RR silver sparkle Inside

Bonjour gentlemen
    Just wanted to show you here my last jackson GAS. After the SLSMG and the Jackson DKMG bengal, here we go for a jackson Elite Rhoads!
    I was hesitating with the new X series, but once you've tasted ebony you can't really go back and for the difference of price , case included, the elite was first on the line.

I first wanted a KV but couldn't find any in europe or thomann, and as I really dug the specs I kept looking for the little sister, the rhoads.
    Found one on a french store, in a silver sparkle finish. Reluctant at the beginning , I finally went for it. Let's be original !

Received in it's cool jackson SKB case, the guitar has an average weight.
    No finish problem, nice looking ebony board, chrome hardware, 2 duncan and a boost. Concerning the boost, i really don't see the big difference when it's off or on, a little more bass when it's off, a bit sharper when on but you got to be concentrated.... A push pull would habe been maybe better.
    Anayways, a really cool axe, just got to change the strings, and put 10/46.
    My only mod was adding 2 chrome covers for the pickups. I hesitated with black but as the majority of the hardware is chrome, well let's go ! Strangely, the bridge pickup didn't really fit well in the cover. Neck was perfect but bridge felt as it was too large for the cover.... big question mark here....

So if you can put your hand on those remaining elite series close to your house, go for it !!!!!
    thanks for reading and looking

MANU

RR ELITE silver sparkle
    DKMG Bengal
    KV2
    SLSMG
    Charvel Wild Card 6
    Warlock NJ
    Epiphone black beauty

Originally posted by manu80 View Post
    My only mod was adding 2 chrome covers for the pickups.
    Hmmm, a bit too silvery to my tastes

Strangely, the bridge pickup didn't really fit well in the cover. Neck was perfect but bridge felt as it was too large for the cover.... big question mark here....
    Well, that's because the bridge humbucker is wider (trem/F-spaced) and (usualy) barely fits in the standard pickup ring without a cover
    "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I was sure there was something with the the F-spaced Pick up.should look if a cover for this kind of pick ups exists
      Black cover you think ?
      RR ELITE silver sparkle
      DKMG Bengal
      KV2
      SLSMG
      Charvel Wild Card 6
      Warlock NJ
      Epiphone black beauty

Comment

[QUOTE=Nightbat;1492837]Hmmm, a bit too silvery to my tastes=QUOTE]

+1
        The covers are too much. Still a beautiful RR.

Comment

Thanks for confirming what I thought. I was sure there was something with the the F-spaced Pick up.should look if a cover for this kind of pick ups exists
          Black cover you think ?
          Black, hell no! You've got something going with the silver and chrome - don't pull up short with a black cover, man.

Comment

Still I can't find some F spaced blank cover. With poles, yes but closes, no....Any advice ?
            Glad to get a debate here
            RR ELITE silver sparkle
            DKMG Bengal
            KV2
            SLSMG
            Charvel Wild Card 6
            Warlock NJ
            Epiphone black beauty

Comment

After the SLSMG and the Jackson DKMG bengal, here we go for a jackson Elite Rhoads!
              Hi,
              first i have to say that i'm a bit surprised as i prefer black hardware but i think those chrome covers really look great on this sparkling silver guitar.

A question: How thick is the neck on this Rhoads compared to the SLSMG?

Comment

I like it. looks like something a rock star would play. Its cool.
                "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Love it...

Comment

I'm more into black hardware like on the X series but hey ebony talks first here
                    Didn't noticed a lot of difference in hand compared to the SLSMG, it's thin, juste large enough.Same kind of ebony. So bright it almost looks like plastic !
                    No one for blank F spaced cover somewhere?
                    RR ELITE silver sparkle
                    DKMG Bengal
                    KV2
                    SLSMG
                    Charvel Wild Card 6
                    Warlock NJ
                    Epiphone black beauty

Comment

The only change I would make would be to replace the black pieces on the trem with chrome ones.
                      In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

I dont think that there is a blank f-spaced cover. If the cover were any bigger it wouldnt fit in the ring, right? I think the other ones with the holes are the same size, just the holes are drilled different

Comment

2 duncan and a boost. Concerning the boost, i really don't see the big difference when it's off or on, a little more bass when it's off, a bit sharper when on but you got to be concentrated.... A push pull would habe been maybe better.
                          What kind of boost is it? Is there a trim pot connected on a circuit board that you can adjust with a little screwdriver? Take the control cavity off and see. Very nice guitar!
                          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Alas, a most stunning axe, dear manu80! Kudos, to thee!
                            It's gleam be'ith just as cherished treasure; quite be'fitting of such a finely crafted Jackson weapon!

This post now concludeth!

WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
                            http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

That guitar looks way too Rock and Metal. It's saying "Hey, Look At Me!!!"..make it look boring by fuggin' with it.

I love it! Don't touch a goddamn thing! The chrome idea is cool...if anything.
                              "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                              Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                              X