NGDx2 Dinky Reverse/DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGDx2 Dinky Reverse/DK2M

Two new guitars this month: 2007 Snow White DK2M and an early Stone finish Dinky Reverse. Schaller made Jackson trem on the Reverse kicks ass, and I can't believe how thin the neck is compared to the DK2M! I feel like it puts the newer guitars to shame. last pic is with my main guitar, 1989 Carvin DC127. John(jgcable) might remember that one. lol

look at all that maple! Nice, man. congrats
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Nice double score!
      Is there really such a big difference between the necks on the DR and the DK2M?
      I have exactly that model of DR and I have often fancied getting a DK2m and to be honest, if the neck is a bit thicker on the DK2M, that would be a good thing for me.

Comment

Oh god yeah, the Dinky Rev necks are HEAVENLY thin, especially compared to the DK2M. The neck shape has always been a disapointment to me on all the newer bolton Jacksons. I was really disapointed when I got my first DK2M when they first came out, felt like a tree trunk compared to everything else I had owned, which was all at least 8-10 years old, at that time. One day Ill get around to measuring them.
        Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Love the DK2M. That guitar looks so Bad Ass in white. I have a red one and love it.
          Matt

Fender,Charvel and Jackson Guitars..........What more do you need

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
            Oh god yeah, the Dinky Rev necks are HEAVENLY thin, especially compared to the DK2M. The neck shape has always been a disapointment to me on all the newer bolton Jacksons. I was really disapointed when I got my first DK2M when they first came out, felt like a tree trunk compared to everything else I had owned, which was all at least 8-10 years old, at that time. One day Ill get around to measuring them.
            I completely agree with everything in this post. However, I have measurements: dinky reverse is 17mm at first fret and 20mm at the 12th(says the catalog scan), DK2M is 18.67 at the first and 20.8 at the 12th. Seems small, but you can really feel it.

Comment

Thanks RobRR and Burn for that info. Looks like I need to go hunting for a more recent DK model then

Comment

Beautiful guitars
                Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                LTD EC401VF
                Gibby Les Paul
                Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                Fender Parts Caster
                Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                TU2 Tuner
                Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                Fulltone Mosfet 2
                Fulltone OCD OD
                Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

i love maple fretboard dinkys, i have also a red DK2M. nice axes!

Comment

My DKMGT has the thinnest neck of any guitar I've ever owned. It's wafer thin and makes my model 5 and RR1's feel like fattys. I haven't actually measured it but the catalog says it's .735 at the first fret. I actually prefer them a little thicker because it's easier to dig in with the thumb on bends.
                    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

My Snow White DK2M has yet to let me down despite the heavy use it has gotten. But that stone finish is really nice. Congrats.
                      Pro Series DK2M Dinky (Discontinued) *Seymour Duncan JB TB4, Jazz SH2N* Five-way Superswitch (aftermarket, split coils)

Line6 Spider Valve HD 100+Basson B212, BOSS ME-25+Tech 21 Power Engine, Line 6 Flextone III

Check out my Latest live

Comment

Working...
                      X