Ngd I got a kelly std too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd I got a kelly std too

My girl had bought me a guitar, but I ending up gettin a refund cause im picky I guess. Anyways I was bummed out that the deal didnt work out so I hit up craigslist and found a kelly std for $150 w hsc. It was like perfect timing. Id share some pics but as soon as I got home I took thewhole thing apart. Trem block was broke so I fixed that. Previous owner said the action couldnt be set, but when I pulled the neck off I found a shim which was the issue. Other than a few light scratches it has two small dings and light chipping to the top big point. Anyways, it is a great day for me. I will be swappin the neck out with a DR professional neck and find some actives. Ill be back in a few with pics

Verry cool. I have a kelly std on the PS2 I bought from you years ago and love it to death
    It's pronounced soops

Comment

Ill be back once its revamped

Comment

Originally posted by 84sups View Post
        Verry cool. I have a kelly std on the PS2 I bought from you years ago and love it to death
        Yeah the neck is sweet. Was the neck or body you got from me? If it was the neck then it was cause I like reversed headstocks lol

Comment

I know its blasphemy to not have a whole shot so heres one from the cl ad

Comment

Pic removed
            Last edited by jdr94; 04-13-2012, 11:44 PM.

Comment

Just curious... why wouldn't you move all of the kids toys out of the way before snapping the picture?

And I love my DXMG neck, hopefully you'll ike that one too.

Comment

Cause, it makes me look like an average joe just kiddin. I actually didnt plan to take a nice pic. I just snapped a pic to show my buddy then later decided id throw it up here. Ill take a real pic when im done.

Edit, funny thing is this is the 4th time i've done this. Well, 2nd time with a dxmg neck. The other two times it was with a dkmg neck. I just end up sellin em then do it again. Not this time though. Im keepin it. No matter what guitar I get, I always miss the kelly. I blame Jayster for giving me the addiction.
                Last edited by jdr94; 04-13-2012, 11:13 PM.

Comment

Ok so yeah it does look pretty crappy w the toys and shit lol I'll take that off. Heres one without em and I put the dxmg w the DR neck in there too.....i need a black nut

Comment

Very cool. I like the reverse headstock.
                    Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                    LTD EC401VF
                    Gibby Les Paul
                    Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                    Fender Parts Caster
                    Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                    2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                    TU2 Tuner
                    Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                    Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                    Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                    Fulltone Mosfet 2
                    Fulltone OCD OD
                    Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Thanks. Looks even better with a black toggle, both pickups, trem and strings

Comment

Man, you just gave me the itch to reverse the headstock on one of my Kellys!!
                        Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
                        Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
                        Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

Comment

Working...
                        X