Mystery jackson rr HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mystery jackson rr HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hello! I have an rr as the title states, and I need help identifying it. Its a 22 fret with dot inlays, a single tone and single volume knob. The tone knob and neck pickup were removed by me due to (not the right sound) and the tone knob was shot. The bridge is a single action twin post strat style, and the serial number as I can read it is 980521 on the neck and xx9098 on the body. The headstock has questionable tuners, a 90's type toothpaste logo and narrow truss cover. PM me for pics as im not allowed to post em. Please give me a hand here. Cheers!

Also thw finish was a dark electric blue before the previous idiot sanded 95% of it off.

Comment

Well, we can guess all day long (Rhoads EX, PS3T ?) but pics would be great.

Upload 'em to a free site, like photobucket or snapfish, then post in here (do a search on how).
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

http://s896.photobucket.com/albums/a...309_180001.jpg

Comment

This mobile phone/computer is a serious pain in the a$$...

Comment

I'll say RX10 from the late 90s.

Comment

Thanks man. Ive looked and looked and all I ever find is FR trems, and shark inlays.

Comment

What's the matter Ron? Are you getting senile?

Four Kicks: Unfortunately, I feel pretty confident in saying that is not a Jackson at all, but a poorly made forgery. The RX10 had a recessed FR-style bridge for starters (like 90% of all trem-equipped Jacksons), and the guitar you have even lacks a pull-up route. I can't recall any kind of Jackson RR with that type of bridge either, and although bridges can be replaced, the bridge that should have been on it would have had a wider post spacing (as well as being recessed). Next, the control route in the back is narrower than Jackson used to do it on the RX10/RX10D and Rhoads EX. Next, the 12th fret dots don't match with how J/C did them; The US- and Japan-made models had them closer together, and the Korea made ones (as well as early Indian models) had them further apart. Next, the neck heel/pocket stamps do not look like anything I've seen on a Jackson. Next, the tuning gears don't look like anything Jackson ever put on their guitars. Next, the logo looks shoddy (like it wasn't factory made) and the size of the truss rod cover does not match the headstock. Further, the serials do not match any of the Jackson serial formats (which is pretty fantastic, considering how many different there are!).

Comment

Yeah, between tuners, bridge, backwards bridge pickup, it looks pretty fake. Cool, but fake.

Comment

Bummer.. I traded it for a camera.. Oh well it plays like a dream. I guess the pickup being backwards was my fault haha. Im waiting on some info from jackson now, ya know as long as they dont sue me.

Comment

Originally posted by four-kicks View Post
                      Bummer.. I traded it for a camera.. Oh well it plays like a dream. I guess the pickup being backwards was my fault haha. Im waiting on some info from jackson now, ya know as long as they dont sue me.
                      As long as you aren't mass producing them they won't care lol

Comment

Thinkin about it! Haha but in all reality the glassiness and shape of that neck are to die for. I guess ill jusr have to pick up a real one someday. Thanks guys

Comment

Well shit I guess I got told, son!

Comment

Its not a Jackson thats for sure.
                            Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Haha

Comment

Working...
                              X