No announcement yet.

Pickup suggestions for my Jackson...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

duncan distortion is a great choice man. right along the line of the evo, but not quite as hot and just a moth fart darker tone.
    Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Originally posted by jacksonkellyfreak View Post
      duncan distortion is a great choice man. right along the line of the evo, but not quite as hot and just a moth fart darker tone.
      Moth fart... never heard that one before haha!

Comment

Distortions kick ass. I was also going to mention the Full Shred. I believe it was intended for mahogany bodies but it kicked ass in a basswood guitar I had. I may try one again in my DK2...that or a SD 78. I like the JB but it doesn't sound quite as good as the one in my promod.

Comment

I installed the Distortion yesterday, and I have to say I was very surprised at the difference! Holy crap, it was like getting a brand new guitar. The Distortion did exactly what I wanted, it brought this dull sounding guitar back to life. The wiring is a little sad right now, I don't have shrink tubing, so there's some temporary electrical tape, and I must have screwed up the ground as I get a some buzz.

I might get another in the near future for my Gibson Explorer, but I've lent it to a good friend who's had it for a month now. Who knows when I'll get it back

Comment

Working...
          X