NGD 50 bucks!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD 50 bucks!!!!

Scored a black js32 king v for 50 bucks off the local craigslist. good shape, only one nick in the lower horn, couldnt pass it up at all. i figure for 50, plus the cost of a kahler route (not going all the way through with a floyd, when a top route is only 55) behind the nut lock, and some pickups, which im not sure on yet, because i do kinda like the sound of the ceramics, ill be in it for maybe 125 or 130 and have a pretty killer axe! on a side note, has anyone else felt the neck profile on the js32kv? its as fast as my jap warrior! not a fan of the dots, but hey, 50 BUCKS!!!! and to top ot off, i only had to drive 3 miles. oh yea also, its not staying black. period end of story. not sure what color i want yet, but i thought about flat black, and decided no, i want it to scream.
    Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

sweet dude post some pics!
    -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Very nice score, if I had the opportunity, (and I almost did), I would totally of done that. I'd say go EMG's for the pickups, oddly enough the best sounding pickups for JS Jackson's, (EMG's are far from my favourite pickup )

Comment

Originally posted by MetalHeadMat View Post
        Very nice score, if I had the opportunity, (and I almost did), I would totally of done that. I'd say go EMG's for the pickups, oddly enough the best sounding pickups for JS Jackson's, (EMG's are far from my favourite pickup )
        totally in agreement with you there. got a set of cheapo selects in my other js series dinky, and they sound soooooo good. hate actives lol, so i may throw a set of selects at this one as well.
        Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

So your the one that beat me to it. Next good deal in our area is mine okay? By the way, when we gonna do some trading for my kelly?
          Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
          2007 Jackson DK2M
          1983 Kramer Pacer Special
          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
          2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
            So your the one that beat me to it. Next good deal in our area is mine okay? By the way, when we gonna do some trading for my kelly?

Discussion of deals in the open forum is a

Comment

gottcha. sent you a pm. Did you see the crazy js RR that got posted for 350?

Currently Shredding:
              2007 Jackson DK2M
              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

You just burst my bubble... I thought I had did great by getting my JS30 KV for 80$... Ah well... I'm joking!

Congratz for NGD!!!

I'm happy with mine. I did a gig with it the other day. No one noticed it was a cheap guitar. Mine is still stock except for strap locks. I stays in tune well and sounds decent with the Mini Rectifier. I like the way it looks.

I have no plan yet for switching the stock PUs yet. Don't laugh but I like how the neck pickup sounds on the cheap KV.

But keep us posted about the mods. I wouldn't mind using my JS KV as franken-V...

BTW
                JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
                Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

I needed a neck with a pointy headstock for my model one and found the best deal was to buy the cheapest js dinky I could find at a pawn shop (for $80). It was missing a lot of bits of hardware but the neck itself was in great shape and is super comfy. Now that you got me thinking about it, I'm considering maybe sanding off the factory clear and tru oiling it.

Comment

Originally posted by BenoA View Post
                    You just burst my bubble... I thought I had did great by getting my JS30 KV for 80$... Ah well... I'm joking!

Congratz for NGD!!!

I'm happy with mine. I did a gig with it the other day. No one noticed it was a cheap guitar. Mine is still stock except for strap locks. I stays in tune well and sounds decent with the Mini Rectifier. I like the way it looks.

I have no plan yet for switching the stock PUs yet. Don't laugh but I like how the neck pickup sounds on the cheap KV.

But keep us posted about the mods. I wouldn't mind using my JS KV as franken-V...

BTW
                    id never make fun of anybody for liking the way a pickup sounds. tone is subjective. hell, i got a ton of squiers and i LOOOOOOOVVVEEE their tone. very 50s-60s and extreley hendrix-y, clapton-y and eric johnson-y. aaaaaahhhhhhh. pics comin up, but no strings on it. took em off last night and realized its time to hit gc..

Comment

50 bucks!!

only bad spot on the whole thing... i know i know gtwgits lol

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
                        Cullen, I see dkmgs and dxmgs on there for screamin deals all the time. not 50, but like the other day i was sniffing around and saw a dxmg w a floyd and passive emgs for 190.

Comment

I must be missing them. But I'll keep my eye out. Also looking for a cool Kramer. They pass through from time to time. My problem seems to be finding the right guitar for the right value to trade. Not trading my kelly for some chepo.

Currently Shredding:
                          2007 Jackson DK2M
                          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Good price but I think you'll find it's a 30, 32's have sharkies.

JS30T
                            Jackson+JS30KV+King+V+Electric+Guitar.jpg

JS32T
                            JACKSON-JS32T-KING-V-BK_medium.jpg
                            I need to get me one of these.

Comment

Good point, Force.
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                              X