• Show
Clear All

• KVXMG anyone?

Anyone got one? Yay or nay?

Can't find one localy to try
    JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
    Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

I just replied to a post in 'General....' with this.............

"Sounds like a great idea, obviously Jackson don't think so.

I'd just like to be able to have a play of an X Series. No sign of them in Australia & none available to Oz from Ebay.

I'm thinking a JS modded would be just fine, probably cheaper too."

How long have they been out now? Surely long enough to be available everywhere. As I said, there's noone on Ebay shipping these to Australia so what other options do we have?

These companies can't whinge about business declining if they won't put themselves out there. Customers will then spend there money on someone else's product. I'm sure it's a little more complicated than this but we are in the 21st century, 'make it happen Jackson'.

Comment

After reading your post, I just went to Jackson web site. They used to have a cheap JS32 with a floyd. But there are not on their web site anymore.

Anyway, I'd rather grab a X serie. But the above is still available on canadian online retailers web site.
      JB aka BenoA

Clips and other tunes by BenoA / My Soundcloud page / My YouTube page
      Guitar And Sound (GAS) forum / Boss Katana Amps FB group

Comment

Ebay has loads of JS series, no end of choice there, but the X is as good as none existent.

I don't think it'll be like years ago when all you have to do is wait another 12months to get them, the economy is so screwed we wont be seeing them much at all..........ever. There's no telling what will happen to Jackson in the next 2 years if things keep going the way they are.

Comment

I have one and I'm in Australia. It's pretty nice!
          Guitars:
          Ibanez J-Custom RG8420ZD
          Ibanez S520EX
          Jackson DK2M

Comment

I have a RRXMG which is basically same as KVXMG, only body shape is different. It is very nice guitar to play and finish was very good also. FR Special has worked just fine so far too. I just ordered another RRXMG which I´m gonna get refinished with different color.

I also have a JS32 Rhoads and it is not horrible either, but it´s heavier and it´s neck is a little bit thicker and sustain is not as good as with RRXMG (bolt-on vs. neck thru). FR Special feels better than JT580LP too. RRXMG is clear winner between these two guitars.

Problem with those cheaper MII guitars is that if you order online you might get a good one or bad one, quality control is not as strict as with MIJ guitars I think.
            Last edited by Zedder; 04-22-2012, 03:06 AM.
            My Jacksons: RR1 x2, RR Pro, Soloist Pro, RRXMG x2, SDX, JS32RR

Comment

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
              I also have a JS32 Rhoads and it is not horrible either, but it´s heavier and it´s neck is a little bit thicker and sustain is not as good as with RRXMG (bolt-on vs. neck thru).
              Ahh, neck-thru vs bolt on, I think it's crap really. Many factors influence how a guitar performs but the pick ups would be the bulk of the reason sustain varies between your guitars. The CVR2's are a budget p'up, however, out of all the ones ive tried so far, I like these 2nd only to the magnificent EMG 81/85 combo.

Originally posted by Zedder View Post
              Problem with those cheaper MII guitars is that if you order online you might get a good one or bad one, quality control is not as strict as with MIJ guitars I think.
              Too true, my JS30DK is incredible, clearly the person who built it cared about what they were doing. I never understood the flack this series copped but it's probably down to QC, I got a beauty, others have landed a piece of firewood.

Comment

Hey, first post!

I bought one, but I had to return it because mine got cracked and there was a small chip in the paint. I'm sure that happened in shipping. Regardless, I would have sent mine back anyway because of how exceedingly light it was...neck felt great, sounded good, and it looked decent as well. I just found that it was so light that it almost felt like I was playing balsa wood. Guitar moved around quite a bit, as a result. I'm sure for many people its weight is probably a selling point, but I just thought I'd share my take.

I ended up ordering a King V Limited FSR Elite instead! More money, but I'm sure I'll be pleased.

Comment

Working...
                X