Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Dumb Question: Will a DK2M neck fit a DK2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dumb Question: Will a DK2M neck fit a DK2?

I have a DK2M and I like it, except that it's a plain, solid color. I have a chance to buy a DK2 in a graphic I like.

So will my DK2M Maple neck bolt right on to the DK2 body?
    Member - National Sarcasm Society

"Oh, sure. Like we need your support."

Yes.

Comment

Originally posted by jdr94 View Post
      Yes.
      That's what I figured.

Thanks!

Comment

Yes definitely I actually had one. Still wish i never sold it. Sounded killer
        It's pronounced soops

Comment

Thanks, guys. When I posted this, I wasn't considering that I would be going from a 2-hum config to H-S-S, plus the H-S-S wouldn't be original Duncans.

So, will a DK2M neck fit a Warrior WRXT? And...... will an original Floyd fit in the WRXT route without mods?

Comment

any Jackson neck will fit any Jackson body as long as they are from the same era. Im speaking solely of neck pocket, height etc. I got a DXMG neck on my KE3 but it has 4 new holes in the back. no biggie, but it fits very very nice.
            Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

I think the only issue you might run into is the length of the neck from the 12th fret to the bridge. But, from what I recall it's well within the ability to compensate with the trem saddles.
              Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
              2007 Jackson DK2M
              1983 Kramer Pacer Special
              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
              2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

I have the opposite, DK2 neck on the M body.

Obviously, the scale has to match or the intonation will be shot to shit.

Comment

Originally posted by PowerTube View Post
                  And...... will an original Floyd fit in the WRXT route without mods?
                  I think that has the JT580? I've swapped one of these on an RX10D. The locking bolts near the low E stuck out over the body slightly. I just had to be careful installing it and stringing it so they didn't hit the body. You may not have this problem, and I'm sure I could've gotten shorter locking bolts, I'm just lazy.

The neck and neck pockets should be same between the guitars. When swapping don't psych yourself, it's supposed to be an extremely tight fit. You can take a neck off of a guitar and let it sit for a month or two, go to put it back on the same guitar and swear the neck is too big.

Comment

Dunno about the WRXT, but I put an original Foyd on my KVX10 and there was plenty of room for the bolts...

Comment

Originally posted by decadence5423 View Post
                      I think that has the JT580? I've swapped one of these on an RX10D. The locking bolts near the low E stuck out over the body slightly. I just had to be careful installing it and stringing it so they didn't hit the body. You may not have this problem, and I'm sure I could've gotten shorter locking bolts, I'm just lazy
                      you can fix that yourself without waiting for shipping or trying to find em. all you need is a dremel with a cut off wheel and a tap and die to clean up the threads a little bit. i had to make the short ones that go in above the fine tuners, like on the inports. except it was an Ibanez and they wanted like 10 bucks for a set. no... I can get em for a few cents each and cut em thanks
                      Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

WRXT has a JT580LP.

Comment

I've got a DK2M neck on a WRXT body. No problem. Hell, I put a USA Fusion neck on a WRXT body with no problem.
                          It'll also take an OFR or JT590/Schaller easily.

Basic rule of thumb is as 'freak stated above - as long as they're from the same general era, the necks are completely interchangeable. The biggest issue I've ever run across was some older necks took thicker bolts (early-mid 90s bolt-ons) than later bodies (2000 and up). There's also the rare occurrence of a neck that used threaded inserts and machine screws rather than wood screws (if the model of the body had no neckplate, it most likely had the inserts in the neck, the holes for which are huge).

But then again, IIRC, the DK2 neck did have thicker bolt holes, but WRMG/XT neck pockets use smaller holes. If Drake still has that cracked mirror WR (can't recall if it was an MG or XT body now), I believe I had to redrill new neck bolt holes for that very reason when I put the DK2 neck on it.
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                          X