King V Elite FSR Limited

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• King V Elite FSR Limited

Anybody have one or see one in person? I just pulled the trigger on that one that's been sitting at Sweetwater for a while and I'm hoping to GOD that it's an awesome guitar. The only thing that prevented me from buying it immediately is - and I'll admit this is kind of lame - the Jackson logo is black on black pretty much. I was able to get the price reduced a bit, so I couldn't pass it up. I've read elsewhere that this guitar may be one of the last ones coming out of the acclaimed Japanese factory they've been using for some time. Any information on this guitar would be appreciated!

I havn't seen/played one personally but all of those ELITEs look sexy as hell and seem to be as high-end as you get with the pro-series guitars. I really wish I had the $$$ for one right now, especially one of those RRs! I wouldn't worry about it being a bad guitar, I'm sure it will be badass.

And yeah.. from what I understand, they were basically a way for the Gaki factory to go out in a blaze of glory. Be sure to post pics when you get it!

Comment

I'm pretty sure the hardware, inlays and logo on all the Elite series is chrome. I wish i had the money for one too
      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Yeah I believe the hardware is chrome in the pictures. I would have preferred black but maybe I'll get around to switching them. I'm excited to see this guitar in person! I'll post pics as soon as I get it.

Comment

As an owner of an Elite I can assure you, that the Jackson logo ist definitely in silver. It looks kinda dark and black in pictures, because of the angle of the headstock. You shouldn't worry much about the optics, because most of the time you are going to play on the guitar, and all the others watching you will, be impressed anyway (because of your skills and a little bit due to the axe ). And of course: Congratulations to your new guitar . I hope you enjoy it!

Comment

Silver, huh? That sounds like it could be cool. Do you have a picture of yours? Mine should be here tomorrow.

Comment

Oh yeah, does anybody know what FSR stands for?

Comment

You should take a look at this thread:

but... i dont know what fsr stands for?! Would be cool if anyone could figure it out

Comment

Originally posted by Dannibal Corpse View Post
                  Oh yeah, does anybody know what FSR stands for?
                  I'm just guessing... but maybe Final Series Run ?

Comment

Originally posted by mnit1965 View Post
                    I'm just guessing... but maybe Final Series Run ?
                    That's exactly what I was thinking, but I didn't want to get too hopeful. I mean, it sucks that they won't be making Jacksons, but awesome that I'll have one of the last ones.

Comment

frost silver?
                      hey go fot it.i got a Rhoads elite and it's really great. I was looking at a KV4 yesterday, and for the same price, on the elite you got ebony fretboard, original floyd. Good stuff the KV4 doesn't have so i'll skip my frenzy about the KV4
                      RR ELITE silver sparkle
                      DKMG Bengal
                      KV2
                      SLSMG
                      Charvel Wild Card 6
                      Warlock NJ
                      Epiphone black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by manu80 View Post
                        frost silver?
                        Nope, but good guess. The one I ordered is black, and the "FSR" line has lots of different colors.

According to fedex tracking, my guitar sat on a truck overnight only miles away from my home (DAMMIT). Will definitely be here soon! Photos to follow...

Comment

Pray that it arrives safely ! Black is definitely a good choice, the silver inlays are something new, but after a few seconds, one has to admit, they fit really good. Especially the ivory binding is the cherry of top. I would like to know something about the weight distribution of the King V. The Elite Rhoads does feel a bit airy according to the Soloist. The Soloist is like a massive chunk !

Comment

I'm also really curious about the weight. I definitely don't want it be as light and airy as the X series, but of course, I also don't want a Gibson Les Paul! Will let you know! T-minus 5 hours until I get home and grope the hell out of this V. I'm thinking I'll take unboxing photos.

Comment

As promised, pictures!

Ok, fresh out of the box, I am already impressed. The case even rules....

I opened it and snapped a quick picture. A little blurry, my apologies...was way too excited to be concerned about photography.

Pups....

Yep, SILVER logo, not black like shown in the picture that obviously had poor lighting. Very cool, indeed.

Was trying to capture the look of the inlays. They're subdued, almost ghost like. Very nicely done.

The fretwork is ridiculous. They are dressed really really well.

Ok, a few ramblings: Once this guitar is set up it will be a machine. The neck is ridiculous, as all Jackson necks are. The weight is more substantial than the X series (THANK GOD) but quite light! Felt really good on my lap. Looks to have dunlop straplocks, so I'll be picking up a strap soon and can share more about its balance when standing later. All the controls have good resistance, all the finishing is superb, binding is quite nice...I'm happy thus far!

Comment

Working...
                              X