Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Looks awesome man, grats!

Comment

wooohoo! looks great. i wanted a KV first, but thomann was out of stock, so i went ont he RR sparkle. Still cool.
      The finish of yours seems excellent. I'm just a bit , like on my RR, not a huge fan of chrome hardware, black is better but hey...
      have fun with it !
      RR ELITE silver sparkle
      DKMG Bengal
      KV2
      SLSMG
      Charvel Wild Card 6
      Warlock NJ
      Epiphone black beauty

Comment

So..before this thread falls into oblivion: Well..to console you manu80..the Rhoads has a more messy look the other 2 mentionable differencse are the 22 vs 24 frets and the pickguard. So, back to Dannibal Corpse, what about the sound? The handling, etc...? We want answers ! And of course, any abnormality you have detected?

Comment

I'm actually liking the way the chrome breaks up the sea of black. I love a well done black finish and IMO the chrome is exactly what it needs to set it off. Not sure how the term "messy" applies to this though. Looks damn good to me. Congrats. I'm sure you'll love it.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Let me see what I can answer:

- Yes, I've decided that I really like the chrome on this guitar

- the only issues I've noticed going over it with a fine tooth comb is that the pickup ring (bridge) may need to be repositioned because the screws look like they're not exactly centered. may just need to be loosened and then wiggle that ring a bit? Hopefully it's not tapped wrong. Also, the inlay at the first fret has a very mild "artifact," but nothing that you would really notice without removing the strings and really getting anal.

- the sound? well, herein lies the rub. I've gotta get this damn thing set up! haha I tried yesterday, to no avail. Will try again this evening. I'm sort of new to Floyd Roses. So i haven't even really listened to the guitar yet. Will get back to you on this one.

Comment

I figured I'd share a (bad) picture of my quicksilver Jackson King V Elite - also from Sweetwater. I've had this thing since January and I love it. I'm not 100% sold on the Duncan pickups, and I think I may swap them for something that have a bit more bass response in the future. I was also unsure about the active mid-boost at first, but I've come to appreciate its versatility.

The only flaw I've noticed on mine is that it seems like the Floyd nut is just a hair short on the bass side. It's totally flush on the treble, and the strings are spaced correctly, but I can't help but nit-pick. Other than that, it's of impressive quality and I'm positive I'll keep playing this thing until it looks like Wolf Hoffman's.

Comment

try the dimarzio x2ns in that v. theyre awesome.
                Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

that's the one I wanted!
                  still I find the boost not very convincing.any way you can tweak it a bit? coz the difference on an doff isn't really enormous to my ear....
                  RR ELITE silver sparkle
                  DKMG Bengal
                  KV2
                  SLSMG
                  Charvel Wild Card 6
                  Warlock NJ
                  Epiphone black beauty

Comment

Originally posted by manu80 View Post
                    that's the one I wanted!
                    still I find the boost not very convincing.any way you can tweak it a bit? coz the difference on an doff isn't really enormous to my ear....
                    Crazy, the mid-boost seems to create a completely different voicing to me - on both tube and ss practice amps. And I'm not totally sure how to tweak it, as I haven't really gotten in there and poked around. Fender/Jackson haven't been very helpful on the subject either. I actually had one of their reps send me the full spec sheet and write "we didn't design this guitar to be modded at all, so you'll have to figure it out for yourself." Yeah, ok, helpful...

As for the pickups, I actually have an X2N in my Les Paul. I like the low end, but the high is a little icy sounding. But, the Jackson is a totally different guitar, and again, I'm not totally sure what the mid boost would do with an X2N. I've really been liking the sound of those Bare Knuckle Nailbombs though.

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                      I'm not 100% sold on the Duncan pickups.

That baby needs those chrome Dimarzios
                      "There's nothing taking away from the pure masculinity I possess"

-"You like Anime"

"....crap!"

Comment

Plugged mine in last night finally (have a baby do I haven't been able to play in the evenings) and was completely impressed. I play fairly technical death metal, and the Jackson had an awesome tone through distortion - no surprise there - but was really impressive clean. I did not expect it to sound so damn good clean. Anyway, I play way down in Bb territory, so I've got bass in spades. The midbooster, if that's what it was, sounded pretty great to me.

Comment

Oh an +1 for Bare knuckle pickups. A friend has a set and I'm always green with envy when we play.

Comment

I have to totally agree with Dannibal Corpse. You get a typical sound through distortion, but the clean sounds are really amazing. The clean tone coming out of an Elite series guitar is just amazing. While using the midbooster the sound reminds me of "Nothing Else Matters". Anyway, I prefer to play without "mids" on my amp, so I can vary the tone explicit while playing. Cool stuff .

Comment

Dude, now I want a damn quicksilver like in the picture above.....VanHoosen, should you ever sell that....

Comment

Originally posted by Dannibal Corpse View Post
                                Dude, now I want a damn quicksilver like in the picture above.....VanHoosen, should you ever sell that....
                                Haha, probably not any time soon! And I'm sure by then it wont look like the shiny new guitar you see in the photo.

Comment

Working...
                                X