NGD: Snow White SLS3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD: Snow White SLS3

UPS dropped off a new guitar today. I got a great deal on a brand new SLS3. I was really surprised at how loud this guitar is acoustically. Here are some pics that I took with my phone, I'll try to take some with my SLR later. Plugged in it sounds awesome with the SH-1 '59 pickups. I knew I liked the '59 in the neck and was expecting to put either a custom or a distortion in the bridge, but I think it's going to stay for now.

There is one imperfection with the bridge pickup ring - I think I may contact the dealer about because I don't feel a brand new guitar should have this issue - here's a pic of a tiny chunk missing from the pickup ring:

Also, what type of case candy typically comes with a new Jackson? There were no hang tags or quality checklists or anything of that sort with the guitar. Did I get one that had been returned by someone at some point?
    Last edited by Electric; 05-03-2012, 10:40 PM.

I don't think mine came with any tags, but it was used. However, I did notice the ring screws weren't long enough to go into the wood on the tallest sides.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Very nice...
      Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
      LTD EC401VF
      Gibby Les Paul
      Ibanez RG220D O Natural
      Fender Parts Caster
      Oranger Tiny Terror Head
      2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
      TU2 Tuner
      Dunlop Cantrell Wah
      Fulltone 70's Fuzz
      Fulltone Distortion Pro1
      Fulltone Mosfet 2
      Fulltone OCD OD
      Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

I decided to swap out the '59's for DiMarzio Dominions. I got them in white and really like the look compared to the cream/black Duncans it came with. Here are some updated, better quality pics:

Comment

Straight black and white = Stormtrooper :p
          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

I like the Stormtrooper look, but I am a huge Star Wars fan...

Comment

This the one that was on GC? That think was a smokin deal if it was
              Haters gonna hate
              Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

I bought this one brand new with hardshell case for $800 actually. I think I saw the one that GC had used for like, $650. I was hesitant to pursue that just because I saw it sitting on a GC floor in the pics.

Comment

I put satin chrome hardware on the white SLS3 I had. Not a fan of satin chrome in general, but I liked it better there than the black. Stormtrooper is ok, but it still reminds me of something made of plastic

Comment

I can understand that. Great lookin axe I dig white pickups and that combo for sure. Makes me want to change the one in my star.
                    Haters gonna hate
                    Dilluting the brand one MUTT at a time.

Comment

Oh, man... I have to get me one of those SLS3s. They look awesome. How do they compare to the made in USA stuff?

Comment

I feel like the build quality is equal to that of my USA RR1 and SL2H. The neck is very similar to my SL2H. It sounds great acoustically as well.

Comment

Hmmmmm, interesting... and tempting....

Comment

I'd love to get a hold of one of these some day. I'd have to have zebra pups though.

Comment

Yeah, I like the zebras on it too.

Comment

Working...
                              X