Help ID my Kelly

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help ID my Kelly

I've had this good looking lady for 6 or 7 years now but I am not sure what model it is or what it's worth. I am pretty sure it is an import but I would like to know as much as I can about it. Serial is 8 digits long, 00100XXX. Any way to tell model/ year it was made?

(sorry for the other random stuff in the background)

Did you just win it in a storage unit auction? I can't fathom how people can go 6-7 years without knowing what guitar they have?

Comment

8 digit serial and wide dots generally point to Made in India models IIRC. Someone that knows for sure will chime in eventually.
      GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

haha, no. I have owned it for that time. When I received it as a gift I did not see the need to know the model or year it was made. Now that I am getting all my crap insured I need to know.

Comment

but why do you have it sitting in storage? Or am I missing something. Thats a nice git, don't let it sit.
          Last edited by dvscool; 05-04-2012, 01:41 PM.
          -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

Originally posted by Dedmanchan View Post
            haha, no. I have owned it for that time. When I received it as a gift I did not see the need to know the model or year it was made. Now that I am getting all my crap insured I need to know.
            I wouldn't really bother with insuring this guitar. It's probably like $125-200 in value at best. You'll probably be paying a bit more for insuring it.

Comment

Originally posted by Hellbat View Post
              8 digit serial and wide dots generally point to Made in India models IIRC.
              That's what I remember as well.

Comment

I just moved to a different state and I am living with family so I don't really have the means to play at the moment. I hate leaving axes unused for long so hopefully I'll have a new place soon where I can jam. $200? I would think it's worth more than that but then again, I don't know the exact model haha.
                I'm getting all my crap insured so I need an approximate value for all of it. I'm not specifically insuring my gear alone.

thanks for the info thus far guys, I appreciate it. Hoping someone with more specific info can help me determine the exact model on it and approx. value.

Comment

If it is made in India I wouldn't expect too much for it. Maybe a bit more due to the trans finish, but still these were entry level guitars. Good value for the money if you find a happy accident but it's not like it's a rare or desirable model. It looks like somebody peeled off the sticker at the neck heel that would have had the country of origin information on it. They should woodburn that crap in or something.
                  GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Yeah, I don't expect it would bring a great deal but I would think it would be somewhere in the $5-600 range. But I'm not sure, which is why I'm here in the first place!

Comment

I agree with the consensus of the group that the going rate on these is $200-250. It's not even close to being worth $5-600.

Comment

Hmm, ok thanks. Still no one for a model?

Comment

Did you buy it new? If not, it may have been modded.

I don't think it's a JS series, ive never seen the JS30 Kelly with a floyd & JS's come with CVR2 p'ups, this has Duncans by the look of it.

A new JS32K should set you back about US$300-350

Comment

I did not buy it new. My brother purchased it from a pawn shop (I know he got taken to the bank in a big way). The p'ups say 'Duncan Designed' That makes me think they are SD copies?

Comment

I would say it's a 2000 model, if you want to know more, take the neck off and see what the neck heel and pocket says. That will tell you more.
                              Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
                              2007 Jackson DK2M
                              1983 Kramer Pacer Special
                              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
                              2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

Comment

Working...
                              X