My kelly mods

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My kelly mods

Iv'e had my kelly for about 12 years now and thought it was time to make some changes

Took a bit of doing, but he's had a more rounded facelift, which i really rather like.
    All that's left to do now, is to give him a nice base coat, smooth over the rough bits with wet'n'dry and then give him a nice new topcoat of matte colour. Lime green is presently the favourite although i'm always open to suggestions...

She, with a name like Kelly, its a she looks really good, and I think lime would be a bitchin color on it. I had one of mine lime with black diagonals, but it was fuckered all to hell, so i went with flourescent yellow from the Ibanez RG1XXV. Itll knock your eyes out. Personally Im a huge fan of the eye catching stuff, and tend to shy away from basic boring black, but i have a soft spot for flat black. So if you do any kind of graphic, try flat black against the screaming green. itll make it stand out more. Edit: also, try a white primer over the gray. thatll REALLY REALLY make it scream
    Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Wow, that's interesting, rounding off all the edges. And here I took extra precautions not to round off the edges on my Kelly project.

I'm interested to see how this turns out.
      My Charvel/Jackson Family

Comment

I like it. Can't wait to see updated pics. I think my next Jackson soil be a Kelly. I'm liking them more and more.
        Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
        LTD EC401VF
        Gibby Les Paul
        Ibanez RG220D O Natural
        Fender Parts Caster
        Oranger Tiny Terror Head
        2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
        TU2 Tuner
        Dunlop Cantrell Wah
        Fulltone 70's Fuzz
        Fulltone Distortion Pro1
        Fulltone Mosfet 2
        Fulltone OCD OD
        Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Loving the rounded look. Nice to see you "make it your own" and not do what the masses would do. BTW, Kelly isn't necessarily a female only name.
          In memory of Gary Wright 9/13/2012

Comment

Originally posted by CowboyFromHell View Post
            Loving the rounded look. Nice to see you "make it your own" and not do what the masses would do. BTW, Kelly isn't necessarily a female only name.
            I know CFH, I got a friend named Kelly. But with such a sexy body.....has to be a girl
            Let me tell you about a porcupine's balls.... They're small, and they don't give a shit!

Comment

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm................. ..........
              Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Working...
              X