This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Want a replacement 7 string DK body made

I love my COW7 but I'm playing it less and less because it doesn't have a floyd rose so I was wondering is there someone out there or on here that if given the neck can make a body for it with a floyd rose route and two humbuckers??

I think standard dinky and the 7 string body's are the same right it's just a matter of widening the neck pocket and enlarging the pickup routes/trem?

Any suggestions?

Only other choice I know of would be a DR7T body.. Doubtful tho..
    Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by djpharoah View Post
      I love my COW7 but I'm playing it less and less because it doesn't have a floyd rose so I was wondering is there someone out there or on here that if given the neck can make a body for it with a floyd rose route and two humbuckers??

I think standard dinky and the 7 string body's are the same right it's just a matter of widening the neck pocket and enlarging the pickup routes/trem?

Any suggestions?
      I've heard people say the Ibanez 7 string bodies are the same size as the six string bodies, but only having a seven and looking it "seems" like it's bigger, but wouldn't be surprised if it wasn't. The neck could just give it that illusion. The wideness at the heel on the Ibanez between 7 string and 6 strings is typically 10 mm.

Unless you sold your Cow, why not just mod that to have a Floyd? Seems you were already half way there taking the neck angle out and recessing the bridge.

Comment

Actually after doing the math it's not going to be feasible. I'm going to just move it to a buddy who'l enjoy the guitar as a fixed bridge. Thanks you guys.

Comment

Working...
        X