Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help me identify this MIJ? Jackson guitar

Hi,
    I recently purchased a "Jackson Professional" guitar from a pawn shop and I believe it's an MIJ import (based on the 6 digit serial: 606784) but I can't confirm the model. Does anyone recognize this model? I've looked through all of the Jackson catalogs on their website and haven't been able to find an MIJ with 4 knobs, two switches (not sure what they do) and one pickup select switch. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for the blurry iphone pics.
    Thanks!
    Scott

Last edited by anodecathode; 05-09-2012, 06:59 PM.

It probably started it's life as a DR (dinky reverse) but looks like someone with a BC Rich or Jerry Garcia fetish decided to get creative with the controls. I believe the DRs would have been vol - 3-way - tone for stock controls. If I had to guess looking at it I would say it's been wired vol and tone for each pickup with the switches set up as coil splits and maybe some push/pull pots for phase.

The professionals are MIJ guitars and are generally very high quality guitars.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

Looks like a VCM model.

"Very Cool Mutt".

Welcome aboard and good pix.
      Use the standard font for those using mobile devices.

Comment

Yeah looks like a dr3 since its got the toggle and someone added two knobs and switches.

Edit- heres the catalog page http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...1996Page05.jpg
        Last edited by jdr94; 05-09-2012, 07:31 PM.

Comment

^^ Yup!
          Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Thanks!! Looks like that's exactly what it is. I'm gonna clean it up and set it up today and use it to lay down a few tracks. I really appreciate the ID.
            Scott

Comment

Working...
            X