No announcement yet.

Found a cheap jap. Jackson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Actualy I was looking at the trem and it says Ibanez lo trs trem II. I've had it in a parts bucket for a while. It holds ok and intonation is fine but just looks funny and fit in there tight but doesnt rub. I think I still wanna replace it later. Thanks guys, so it is a DK2. Cool

Comment

Thats a good deal! I have to keep an eye on craigslist more often.
      Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
      Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Awesome score. I love that guitar. I check cl everyday for Jackson's and Charvels. Last weekend scored my 2nd.
        Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
        LTD EC401VF
        Gibby Les Paul
        Ibanez RG220D O Natural
        Fender Parts Caster
        Oranger Tiny Terror Head
        2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
        TU2 Tuner
        Dunlop Cantrell Wah
        Fulltone 70's Fuzz
        Fulltone Distortion Pro1
        Fulltone Mosfet 2
        Fulltone OCD OD
        Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

The bridge was rusty? Where did they keep it, in the sea?

DK2's are amazing guitars. 300 with a rusty bridge & you didn't say you got a case with it, not that great a deal but as I said, awesome guitar.

Not familiar with the edge bridge but the JT580LP these come with are great.

Seen 2 versions of this, one with matching head like yours & one with the standard black headstock, this one is a WIN. Also seen these labelled as the 'Hot Wheels Flame'.

Congrats & enjoy.

Comment

No case. Well not so much the bridge itself but the bolts were rusted and the fine tuners were very hard to turn. I decided to oil it down and let it sit and see if they will free up. Gonna try and make it work again. I've already found some new pick up ring screws and back plate screws. Replaced the locking nut screws with more of the parts I have lying around. It's coming along slowly but I've been playing the hell out of it. It sounds great.
            Last edited by rattlehead74; 05-11-2012, 04:45 PM.

Comment

No MF run... factory finish DK2.
              Great guitars and worth $300 even with a rusty trem.
              Almost picked one of those up myself a few years back.
              -Rick

Comment

I have the same guitar. I love mine. Plays better than I ever expected it too. I put in a Duncan Distortion Trembucker and the thing wails. I also have to say that the stock Jackson Trem stays in tune forever. I put it in it's case a few months ago and took it out recently and it was still in tune and stayed in tune after playing it for about 20 minutes. Awesome deal you got.
                Guitars:
                Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
                1988 Model 2,
                Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
                RR3
                Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
                1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
                2005 SG Special

Comment

Thanks guys, I'm enjoying it.

Comment

Thanks gerryl98, I got the trem installed today. Works great. After doing another setup I played it for about two hours and man it plays far better then I would have ever expected. Stays in tune and looks great too. Rock on brother!

Comment

The single coils aren't too bad in those either. It's kinda hard to mess up a single coil with alnico magnets though
                      It's pronounced soops

Comment

Originally posted by rattlehead74 View Post
                        Thanks gerryl98, I got the trem installed today. Works great. After doing another setup I played it for about two hours and man it plays far better then I would have ever expected. Stays in tune and looks great too. Rock on brother!
                        I'm glad it worked out for you. Now I just need to find a FRT-2000.

Comment

Working...
                        X