NGD - DX10d(?)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD - DX10d(?)

So, I was perusing CL ads the other day, and saw someone selling a trans blue Jackson for $100. Picked it up today. It's got a 7 digit S/N starting in 97, trans blue, Duncan Designed pups, reverse headstock with shark inlays, chrome hardware & trem. I'm pretty certain this has to be a DX10d, but not sure what year it was made ('07?). Any other models it could be? From looking at the 2006 Jackson catalog, I can't see any other viable candidates...

It's got a fair amount of light surface scratching, but I think a good polish job will clean it up pretty nicely. There's one fairly big scratch and a small chip on the back, but the neck and headstock look good and it otherwise seems to be in fine condition. Honestly not sure whether I'll keep it or sell it, but I figured at $100 it was a no-brainer ...

2004 MIJ
    $100 is an awesome price!

Let's see pics!
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Thanks for the info, RacerX, I'll post some pics later tonight after I get home from work....

Comment

Pics, pron, whatever you want to call it, let's see her
        Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
        LTD EC401VF
        Gibby Les Paul
        Ibanez RG220D O Natural
        Fender Parts Caster
        Oranger Tiny Terror Head
        2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
        TU2 Tuner
        Dunlop Cantrell Wah
        Fulltone 70's Fuzz
        Fulltone Distortion Pro1
        Fulltone Mosfet 2
        Fulltone OCD OD
        Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

Ask, and ye shall receive ....

The pots are a bit scratchy, and the volume pot occasionally cuts out when I adjust it, so may be a little cleanup work needed there. One or two very small chips in the finish, but overall it looks pretty good. I did a little polishing on it after I took the pics, and it seems to have helped clean up the finish a bit.

There's too much relief and the action's kinda high, so I'll need to play with that a bit, too. Still, for $100 I definitely can't complain!

Comment

Nice score!
            "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Looks to be in good condition. For $100 you practically stole it! Like the reverse headstock on this.

Comment

Very cool, I love the color and finish. IMO that would be sweet with black hardware. Sweet for $100
                Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                LTD EC401VF
                Gibby Les Paul
                Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                Fender Parts Caster
                Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                TU2 Tuner
                Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                Fulltone Mosfet 2