Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Import Adrian Smith model, anyone know what country of origin?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Import Adrian Smith model, anyone know what country of origin?

They look similar to the US version:
    Crafted with the demands of the discernible player in mind, Jackson guitars give you the shapes, finishes and tones you love. From the venerable Rhoads, Soloist, Warrior and more, shop Jackson for the highest performance.

Here's some info on the model, except where it's made:
    Read more about Jackson's Adrian Smith Signature SDX Electric Guitar. Chorder.com reviews Adrian Smith Signature SDX features, and lets you find similar guitars easily.
    "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

I'm going to go out on a limb and say MIM. Not sure, but it fits the recent move of the MIJ lines to MIM. They are taking over the EVH import lines also.
    Build a man a fire and he's warm for a day, set a man on fire and he's warm for the rest of his life.

Comment

Egads! Who's the poor, functionally illiterate sod who wrote that piece???

I still want the one with the maple fingerboard & black pickguard, though...

Comment

I'd say since it's a jackson it's MII. There's already a thread on it. It's for the US market either.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
          I'd say since it's a jackson it's MII. There's already a thread on it. It's for the US market either.
          Yeah, Made in India by Harmony. Rich, you meant to say *not* for the US market, right? The other model was a Mille King V.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[QUOTERich, you meant to say *not* for the US market, right? The other model was a Mille King V. ][/QUOTE]Yep, that's what I get for posting at work while having a bad day.

Comment

Originally posted by Rich#6 View Post
              Thanks for the info. I must've missed that other thread.
              "Your work is ingenius…it’s quality work….and there are simply too many notes…that’s all, just cut a few, and it’ll be perfect."

Comment

wouldn't be safe to figure that ALL import jackson guitars are going to be made in india now?
                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

You forgot China.

Comment

I love them, but they really need a midi pickup.
                    http://www.amazon.co.uk/Steven-A.-McKay/e/B00DS0TRH6/

http://http://stevenamckay.wordpress.com/

Comment

China is making the Charvels tho, no Jacksons as of yet, at least that I know of.
                      Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

LOL! won't be long. How hard is it to change a logo?

Just remember back to the late 1980s. First Charvel Model series were MIJ in 1986, then by 1990 Jacksons were rolling out of Japan.

Comment

Originally posted by markD View Post
                          wouldn't be safe to figure that ALL import jackson guitars are going to be made in india now?
                          Well if they sound and play anything like my son's, that's fine by me. Even the stock Jackson pups sound great with any amp we use. I dunno, that 300 dollar guitar had mojo the first time I picked it up. I had to take it home.

I find it funny that people MUST change pups and NEED brass OFR blocks and such. I don't get it really. I really don't. I could play any custom shop or this cheap fuck..it wouldn't make a bit of difference.
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                            LOL! won't be long. How hard is it to change a logo?
                            Hush your mouth!
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I don't care where it's from, I'll pick one up anyway. :P
                              2002 Classical Acoustic
                              2003 Cruiser by Crafter Strat
                              2003 B.C. Rich Mockingbird "Firebreather" L.E.
                              2005 Jackson DKMG
                              2003 Fender Stratocaster Candy Apple Red Satin L.E.
                              2008 Ibanez JS100
                              2009 B.C. Rick KKV
                              2009 Ibanez RG350MYE L.E.
                              2005 Jackson RR3 Crimson Swirl
                              1989 Charvel 375 DLX
                              2010 Jackson JS30KV
                              2010 Fender JR Telecaster
                              2003 Fender Jag-Stang
                              2010 Charvel San Dimas Pro Mod
                              1988 Charvel Model 4
                              2007 Jackson RR24
                              2012 Jackson SDX Adrian Smith