No announcement yet.

FINALLY! NGD King V Elite!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I could have sworn I saw one, maybe I got it confused with the soloist. Id love to grab one now, but I cant justify $1500 right now a guitar I totally dont need. Maybe Ill come across a reasonable deal on one in the near future, Ive always been a big supporter of the MIJ guitars and would love to have one of the last of a great guitar building history.
    Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Here's the serial number on my Quicksilver King V Elite: 111061

I bought it back in January literally right after NAMM, almost immediately after they got them in stock, from Sweetwater.

Is anyone able to offer a decent comparison between the playability of the Elites and Jackson USA guitars? My buddy has a beautiful snow white SL1 that he got brand new back in 08 or 09 that is seriously one of the nicest guitars I've seen anyone play around town. I've had the chance to sit down with it and can honestly say I prefer the Elite. The neck on the SL1 felt a bit more bulky than my KV. I've never had a chance to play a USA KV1, so I don't know how that stacks up in comparison.

Comment

The inlays are satin silver plastic, according to an ebay seller I asked about one of these.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
          I just can't seem to buy their explanation. Why would the Japan plant worry about staying relevant when they're being shut down? And there are way more than 6 Black Soloists like mine, or there are quite a few stores that are lying about having them. Also, if they did make that few of each that would put less of a model on the street than most limited runs coming from the custom shop. If that was the case I don't think they'd be selling them at the price point they are. There are too many things that just don't make sense for me to believe the guys explanation.

Personally, I think its what was said in another thread. The Japan shop wanted to go out in style so they put out a limited edition that rivals the quality of the US models just like they did in the early 90's.
          Dude, I know, it's a pretty far out explanation, but who can say for sure unless you can find the guy at Jackson responsible. But I don't know, it makes a little more sense to me to want to offer a quality product if the future of your job is uncertain rather than offering a quality product after you've been given the news that you're going to get laid off and will soon be unemployed.

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
            Dude, I know, it's a pretty far out explanation, but who can say for sure unless you can find the guy at Jackson responsible. But I don't know, it makes a little more sense to me to want to offer a quality product if the future of your job is uncertain rather than offering a quality product after you've been given the news that you're going to get laid off and will soon be unemployed.
            Didn't they already shut the place down though? And I see where you're coming from. You're right that well probably never know the exact details unless someone gets some inside info.
            My Toys:
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
            '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
            '94 Dinky HX in Black
            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
              Didn't they already shut the place down though? And I see where you're coming from. You're right that well probably never know the exact details unless someone gets some inside info.
              To be honest, I can't really find any info straight from Fender/Jackson at all about the Japanese plant - which isn't surprising. I know the line was done at least as long ago as December 2011 when Jackson briefly posted something about getting ready to ship them out on their Facebook page. Maybe when they started manufacturing them Jackson Japan's future was still up in the air? It's all speculative. I just really want to know how many there are and if we'll see a non "limited edition" of these guys.

Comment

Looks NICE!
                DiMarzio Endorsee
                www.dimarzio.com
                Morley Endorsee
                www.morley.com
                "Intelli-Shred" author
                www.myspace.com/intellishred
                NEW BOOK OUT! "ARPEGGIO MADNESS

Comment

AdRock's Black Elite Soloist: #110984
                  My Black Elite King V: #111206

EDIT: I'm such a dumbass, i wrote my own serial number down wrong.
                  Last edited by Devotee; 07-25-2012, 02:33 AM.
                  It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                  ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Read 53 post's just to tell you that you have a really sweet guitar. V bodies aren't my thing, but it's because I'm a bit of a cluts with the tips, not because I don't like there looks.
                    I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

#111105 Silver Elite King V
                      http://lostinhatred.tk

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                        AdRock's Black Elite Soloist: #110984
                        My Black Elite King V: #111174
                        Thanks man, I just came in here to post my serial#. Already done though.

I was thinking about taking all the models and serial#'s in here and putting a spreadsheet together. Maybe we might be able to, at some point, guage just how limited these elites are.
                        My Toys:
                        '94 Dinky HX in Black
                        '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Or gauge even
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
                            Or gauge even
                            LOL, this damn phone .
                            My Toys:
                            '94 Dinky HX in Black
                            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Suuuuure, blame the phone
                              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Goddamn it Ron stop being so petandic (see what i did there? ).

AdRock, i think starting a spreadsheet is a great idea, here's where we are so far just from this thread and from the store i ordered my KV from:

110984 Elite Soloist (Black)
                                111058 Elite RR (Trans Black) http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/...rt-randy-roads
                                111105 Elite King V (Silver Sparkle)
                                111140 Elite RR (Black)
                                111148 Elite Soloist (Cabernet Red)
                                111168 Elite Soloist (Absinthe Frost) http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/...st-ltd-edition
                                111206 Elite King V (Black)
                                111226 Elite RRT (Silver Sparkle, fixed bridge) http://www.nevadamusic.co.uk/guitar/...andy-rhoads-ss
                                It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                                ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Working...
                                X