No announcement yet.

DXMG? what the hell did I wind up with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DXMG? what the hell did I wind up with?

Sup?

I did a little trading and wound up with what is supposed to be a DXMG.
    It came filthy as hell, 2 loose floyd saddles, a broken hi-E string and the binding turning loose a little right at the heel. I don't know why I didn't see that in the pics, but upon review,,,its there. the neck is a little thicker than I like, but the strings were pretty low with no buzz on the low strings but a little on the High strings.

The one plus I suppose is instead of stock P'ups, it came with Dimarzio Evo's,,dp159(bridge) and dp158(neck). and some sort of trem stop in the cav.( which will come out shortly)

here are some pics,, could someone more knowledgeable on the imports( Ron?) give them a look and tell me what you can please.

Obligatory GTWGITS

Last edited by MOSHWITZ; 05-31-2012, 07:19 PM.
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Thanks
    MOSHON
    DAVE
    "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

That's what it is, with better pickups.

Comment

Looks like a Made in India (s/n starting with a 0) DXMG to me. I think it's that "Cedro"? wood instead of basswood.

It is a DXMG. I'm curious as to why you think not?

The tremstopper is one of the first ones designed. Supposed to be able to use the trem and not go out of tune. The trem looks like a crappy JT500 instead of the later year's JT580.

Comment

Confirmed: 2001 DXMG. The first - and only - year they were MII. Trem is the JT-500.

I don't think the body is cedro.

I think basswood.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
            Confirmed: 2001 DXMG. The first - and only - year they were MII. Trem is the JT-500.

I don't think the body is cedro.

I think basswood.
            I would normally agree on the basswood but Ive seen a few MII cedro neck pockets and they were red like that. None of my model series basswood pockets looked like that. But I guess that there are different types of basswood.

Comment

That sure looks like cedro.

Comment

IF the body is from a 2001 DXMG, the catalog says alder. I thought only Performers came with JT500s. Learn something new everyday..
                Every man dies... Not every man really lives!!

Comment

Originally posted by warlok View Post
                  IF the body is from a 2001 DXMG, the catalog says alder. I thought only Performers came with JT500s. Learn something new everyday..
                  LOL! I wouldn't be surprised if they said alder in the catelog thinking no one would know if they used cedro.

Comment

Sup?

Thanks guys I'm cleaning her up now...what a chore. I kinda wish I had not done the trade and am still waiting for my other item.

MOSHON
                    DAVE

Comment

I have a MIJ DXMG. Surprisingly one of the better playing guitars I've run across. I hear that the MII ones aren't quite up to the same spec, but if it plays well then run with it. I put active EMGs from my SLSXMG in it and slapped Blackouts in that. Tuned it down to C, too. That guitar takes everything I can throw at it.

Granted, it' not the same as yours at all due to the diff country of origin. So, my rambling is irrelevant.

Comment

Working...
                      X