No announcement yet.

Need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yeah thats possible. The middle pickup should have black screws. The hums usually have silver screws(like in the catalog pic I posted^^) the screws on the slider may just be worn. Im no history major either. Just a googlist extrodinaire lol

Comment

Hi people,

thanks a lot for your comments! You guys are awesome cuz you won't let me buy something I kinda like, but don't know much. Anyway, I gotta chose between this guitar and a '01 Ibanez RG550.

Saturday I'll go and play the guitar, so I'll be more clever on this issue.

Someone here mentioned the serial#. It's like 60****, without any letters (it's not here on me, and I can't recall, but I do remember how it starts). The owner also told me it had a Takeuchi double clamp (is that in English? Sorry, not I'm sure. :P) trem. He didn't mention any modding on it, but indeed, it doesn't mean anything.

Comment

Takeuchi did build JT580s for Jackson and that is indeed one of them. The term in English is commonly "double locking", but double clamp would work too. Original to the guitar judging by the way the baseplate matches the rout.

The guitar looks legit to me.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Working...
        X