Finally got a White Bengal DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    Been waiting patiently (4 years?) for the right deal to come along.

Pictures from the seller, but look better than pictures I take. Plays great. Neck shape is better (thinner) than my other DK2 that got a fat neck for some odd reason.

To me it looks like I got 2 EMG81's. Is this correct or did these come with the 85/81 combo? EDIT: Upon closer inspection, it's an 85n/81b combo as it should be.

Anyhow, it sounds great as is, no reason to mess with it. Moshed along last night with it belting out classic Metallica.

Nice score Don! During dark times last year (sold all kinds of gear, SLATQH, AT1 and D2KM to name a few) I regrettably let go of my Red DK2M. I know at some point I will get another because of the value- These guitars are the real deal- Necks are killer- Duncans are the same config as I have in all my guitars- The floyd would get wacky sometimes but very solid-always wanted to one with EMG's. Looks killer in Bengal too!

Comment

Originally posted by RockCity View Post
      Nice score Don! During dark times last year (sold all kinds of gear, SLATQH, AT1 and D2KM to name a few) I regrettably let go of my Red DK2M. I know at some point I will get another because of the value- These guitars are the real deal- Necks are killer- Duncans are the same config as I have in all my guitars- The floyd would get wacky sometimes but very solid-always wanted to one with EMG's. Looks killer in Bengal too!
      Thanks. I don't know why, but it's just a great sounding axe. I'm not an active basher, but I usually prefer passives. But in this axe, the combo of maple actives, and I guess the 3203 with a 4x10 I was pumping it through last night just sounded awesome.

Comment

Hey Don, do you have any clue how many of these were made ?

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
          Grats! But you got this part wrong:

Fixed it for you as it should be.
          Ummm, No.

It depends on the entire rig on which pickup goes where. I don't usually play thru this, but last night I was playing thru a 3203. The boost channel was very chunky and maybe slightly muddy. The clean channel I got EQ'd a little on the bright side.

So with the EMG81 in the bridge, the boost channel sounded awesome and punchy instead of muddy. I was getting a crushing distortion. The clean channel with the 85 in the neck sounded warm. Couldn't stop playing Fade to Black over and over.

You have to consider the entire rig.

Comment

Originally posted by lepard View Post
            Hey Don, do you have any clue how many of these were made ?
            No.

Comment

I got a dk2m in transparent blue flame....I still want yours so bad. Nice guitar BTW.

Comment

Just got the White Bengal DK2M in, very impressed with the quality. It even came with a nice high quality case. Jackson Japan really went the extra mile with these. When I got the killer price on eBay, I figured if it was just your average import Jackson, I'd flip it for a profit. No way on this one. This thing is too nice. It's a keeper.

Does anyone know if an Original Floyd Rose will fit the JT-580LP trem route and trem post mounting width ?

edit: Just finished doing a complete setup and found something cool that I had been wondering about. The bengal graphic is actually painted on the guitar. It is not a cleared over decal like on all the other non-USA guitars. When you take the trem spring cavity cover off, you can see the stripes overspayed into the cavity and fading out. If you compare mine to Don's, the graphic is slightly different. It's hand painted !

Last edited by lepard; 09-19-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X