Please help ID potential buy Jackson 97 model

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Please help ID potential buy Jackson 97 model

Hey Gang I can snag this up for 200, but would like to know what it is 1st!! This guy told me he paid 800,00 for it 6 years ago, the neck plate indicates 97 (1st 2 no's), so what is it? thanks in advance,Jeff

Last edited by rufkut; 06-30-2012, 06:25 PM.

It is a DKMG, I think at 200 it is a great deal. Here is one on ebay.

Comment

Thank ya brother Brian, that was quick!! should it have a real floyd or lisc by floyd? I cant tell from the pics, I'm assuming this is a Jap made guitar right? thank

Comment

Somebody else here will probably know what exact model bridge it is but I am sure it is a lisc one.

Comment

Since ya told me what it was I looked up some pics, it says 580lp, is that a decent trem, also it should have 81/85 EMGS right? and not the Hz EMGS, thanks for your help, I more up to speed on the Charvels than the Jacksons, later Jeff

Comment

It's a licensed Floyd. It's black instead of chrome, so I believe this is one of the "upgraded" guitars after Fender took over. Imports got slightly better hardware, and in this guitar real EMGs instead of EMG-Hz's.

$200 is usually what the older chrome ones went for. That's a very good price.

Comment

yup, really good price, even more so if it comes with the case. I'd snatch it up for that price in a second. The 580lp is a good trem, don't knock it until you try it. And as Don said, that one should have the active EMGs and not the HZs w/ Afterburner.

Oh, and it's much newer than a '97. Probably 2006 or newer.

Comment

Yeah, post the first 4 #s in the serial and we can narrow down the year. It's definitely newer than 2005.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Grab it. Its a bargain.

Comment

Thanks for the reply's guys, never have to worry about getting lousy info on this site,you guys rock, racer X the serial is 9772404,

Comment

Originally posted by Carbuff View Post
                      Grab it. Its a bargain.
                      It's a steal if you get it for that price with the coffin case!
                      1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
                      1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
                      2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
                      2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
                      2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
                      2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
                      1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
                      2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
                      2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
                      1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

OK gang, heres some better pics, the one I listed in original post is what he sent me, I got it today, for 200.00, pretty sweet guitar, think Im gonna like it, needs a set up for sure, thanks for all the comments

Comment

G t w g i t s
                          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ok I'll work on my camera skills, what did the serial no show as to year? thanks

Comment

The neck pocket is where I look for actual build date. I'm not sure if all Jacksons are like that, neck throughs obviously but I don't know about all bolt-ons. For $200 you didn't go wrong. The Coffin Case isn't a great case but it'll do the job.
                              I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Working...
                              X