My one of a kind DK2M

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DonP View Post
    What type of DiMarzio's and how do you like the tone?
    I put a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. The bridge pickup is sounding a little thinner than I expected. I like the PAF Pro. Not planning on changing out anytime soon. At least now all my guitars have different pickups, instead of 60% of them having JBs in the bridge.

Comment

Me wants, give to me now................

As if the DK2M isn't sexy enough already, you'd have to be almost tempted to sleep with her. right????

Comment

And trust me, i haven't even posted a decent picture. It really is a a beautifully done House of Kolors purple pearl paint. I even had my photographer brother try to get a better pic. He gave up...said to photoshop it.\
        Last edited by gerryl98; 06-30-2012, 05:32 PM.

Comment

You can really see a difference in this pic. I can only imagine how it would look in person.
          Great looking guitars pal!
          Facebook - Youtube

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
            I put a Super Distortion in the bridge and a PAF Pro in the neck. The bridge pickup is sounding a little thinner than I expected. I like the PAF Pro. Not planning on changing out anytime soon. At least now all my guitars have different pickups, instead of 60% of them having JBs in the bridge.
            gerry i thought the super d in alder super strat with a floyd was supposed to be warm and fat:think:
            you got it red to hot green and bare to ground and black/white together and taped back?

Comment

LOVE the colour!

Comment

Alas, for a truly elegant weapon, Goodman gerryl98! Kudos to thee for a most masterful transformation!

Hath thou christened this most beauteous axe with a moniker?

This post now concludeth!
                WITNESS YE TALES OF THIS VERY KNIGHT IN METALLIC, CINEMATIC GLORY!
                http://www.heavymetalsuperstar.com

Comment

Originally posted by gerryl98 View Post
                  the JT580LPs are ok. I have two Charvels with the Koreans OFRs and I like how there is zero creaking at the nut. My three Jacksons with the JT580 all creaked. I took the Korean OFR out of my USA So Cal. And then I put I licensed Schaller Floyd in the Charvel.
                  The creaking has nothing to do with the trem itself. It's got to do with the nut usually not being tightened enough.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Great color, and looks like you did an excellent job pulling that together. Love it
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

That really looks good. How long does the paint take to cure? Does it depend on hardener?
                      Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
                      LTD EC401VF
                      Gibby Les Paul
                      Ibanez RG220D O Natural
                      Fender Parts Caster
                      Oranger Tiny Terror Head
                      2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
                      TU2 Tuner
                      Dunlop Cantrell Wah
                      Fulltone 70's Fuzz
                      Fulltone Distortion Pro1
                      Fulltone Mosfet 2
                      Fulltone OCD OD
                      Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

congratrs, that looks really nice! nice choice of color, too.
                        must sounds really bright w/ those dimario pups.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                          The creaking has nothing to do with the trem itself. It's got to do with the nut usually not being tightened enough.
                          Yep. Back to the luthier tomorrow morning. I have a new Schaller R3 nut in the parts bin and just received new OFR nut blocks today.

Comment

Originally posted by chuckbat View Post
                            That really looks good. How long does the paint take to cure? Does it depend on hardener?
                            Even though it was at the painter's for four weeks, I believe I got it back three days after he was done with the clear. He told me it was safe for assembly. I waited another couple of days before I brought it to my luthier for assembly.

Comment

Simply wow!! That's one of the sickest Dinkies I have ever seen. Love the color and matching pickups! Congrats on an amazing job!!

Comment

Over the years I've seen many folks install colored pickups in guitars, but rarely have I thought it actually looked good. Usually someone will stick some green Dimarzios in a green guitar, but the two greens don't match well and it just looks tacky to me.

This guitar, on the other hand, looks GREAT with these pickups. Well played, sir.

Let me know if you get bored of this guitar and decide to unload it on the cheap. Or even the not so cheap.

Comment

Working...
                                X