Issue with my new Elite Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Issue with my new Elite Soloist

Bought a new Black Elite Soloist 2 weeks ago and finally had time to sit down and play it. Put in a new battery. The tone knob closest to the bridge doesn't change anything no matter where the pickup selector is.

It still passes signal but the volume and middle knob are the only ones that change anything. I'm hoping I didn't get a fucked up guitar.

This is my first guitar with the active circuit built in. Has anyone run into this or am I missing something.
    Last edited by AdRock; 06-30-2012, 07:27 PM.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

The Broderick soloist has a push pull tone control where the circuit is inactive if the knob is in the down position. You have to pull it up to engage the tone circuit. Maybe they put that on these? Other than that, If you put up some pictures of the control cavity people might be able to eyeball the problem for you.
    GTWGITS! - RacerX

Comment

I don't know if it's a push/pull pot or not. The guitar is being setup right now so I can't just grab it and check. And there's shit for information on the web about the setup. Maybe somebody that also has one can chime in on it.
      My Toys:
      '94 Dinky HX in Black
      '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I've got a KV Elite, there are three knobs: volume, tone and mid-boost. There's no push/pull.

EDIT: The mid-boost is basically like an EQ knob that just turns up the mids.
        Last edited by Devotee; 07-02-2012, 05:13 AM.
        It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
        ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Well, I got the issue fixed. How??

I took the whole preamp out. Had a Seymour Duncan Blackout Preamp installed. Then had the wring changed so that I have 2 volumes and the one 1 tone w/ the preamp on it. This way I can play with the pickup selector and get that stutter when I want it. The guitar screams, sounds nice and beefy, and has great sustain. I'm also trying out a set of Cleartone strings on it instead of the Boomers I usually use. I'm one happy camper now.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I think your JE-1200 active preamp maybe was defective as it had been on my elite soloist.
            The knobs just made really little changes to the sound and the output was too low, the sound/tone was bad.

But hey, changing to a blackout preamp instead of sending the guitar to fender to let them fix it was no bad idea for sure.
            I'm interested in this whole blackout thing, too. Maybe i will give it a try one day.

Comment

Working...
            X