Mysterious Jackson sighting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mysterious Jackson sighting

Went to see a band, Metalicious last night who are trying to do the Steel Panter thing with keeping the 80's music alive. They riff back and forth with each other and the crowd. They weren't great, but fun to see as there was no cover! Anyhow, the guitarist was playing a tiger stripped body, DK2M necked, black headstocked guitar with a Jackson logo. Anyone see one of these before?

At Capt Hiram's

Comment

Originally posted by sixx_ gunner View Post
      Went to see a band, Metalicious last night who are trying to do the Steel Panter thing with keeping the 80's music alive. They riff back and forth with each other and the crowd. They weren't great, but fun to see as there was no cover! Anyhow, the guitarist was playing a tiger stripped body, DK2M necked, black headstocked guitar with a Jackson logo. Anyone see one of these before?
      Ive never seen one but comparing it to my DK2m the body looks the same. Could've got it painted or a wrap?
      Jackson Adrian Smith SDX
      LTD EC401VF
      Gibby Les Paul
      Ibanez RG220D O Natural
      Fender Parts Caster
      Oranger Tiny Terror Head
      2) Orange PPC 1X12 Celestion Vintage 30
      TU2 Tuner
      Dunlop Cantrell Wah
      Fulltone 70's Fuzz
      Fulltone Distortion Pro1
      Fulltone Mosfet 2
      Fulltone OCD OD
      Fulltone Deja Vibe

Comment

I remember seeing them with "special run" paint schemes like that a few years ago. I actually remember seeing some hanging in a Guitar Center back then too.

Here's two that I found:

This website is for sale! guitar-museum.com is your first and best source for all of the information you’re looking for. From general topics to more of what you would expect to find here, guitar-museum.com has it all. We hope you find what you are searching for!
        Guitars:
        Charvel: USA Pro Mod Slime Green
        1988 Model 2,
        Jackson: Dinky HSS 'Blue/Orange Flame'
        RR3
        Gibson: 1978 Les Paul Spl Dbl Cut
        1992 LP Studio 'Lite'
        2005 SG Special

Comment

Yes, I've seen them before.

The first special run of DK2M's were White Bengals. Then a follow-up DK2M run of regular Bengals was made.

See here:

Comment

yeah, but none of those DK2M's had a black headstock, were there early DK2M's with the Black H/s?

Looks better with a black painted h/s imo

Comment

He probably had it custom painted to match his pants. LOL. Cool lookin guitar tho.

Comment

Everything bar the headstock says it's a DK2M. It has to be a refin h/s. Nice, but the maple h/s looks better.

Comment

It's a DK2M. They had a limited run back in 2007 or 2008 of the yellow bengal with the black headstocks. I remember one popping up on Ebay last summer and thought about grabbing it. Here's a pic I had back when it was released.

Comment

Oh good! I appreciate the replies. Hard to see in the pic but his had allot of the orange in it.
                    Just had me scratching my head wondering if the Coronas were fking with me.

Comment

Under stage lights, yes, it has a lot of orange in it. In the one daylight pic, you can see it's yellow, not orange.

I prefer the natural headstock, personally.
                      I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                      X