Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emg Active zw (85/81) in a kelly.

Hi again all!
    So I recently got a Yamaha rgx121s for my birthday. Crappy guitar but it haf a set of emg zakk wylde in it. I took them out to get ready to put in the kelly, but i see it has a five way selector. The kelly has a three way. I have no idea how to wire this up, does anyone know?

All the electronics are out of both guitars and the emg set has no buss thing that is in the wiring diagramS i've found.

it also has a tone control which im assuming can just be removed from the chain? along with the capacitor.

Somebody heeeelllpp! :-)
    Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
    Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
    Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

I'm making the assumption you know how to wire up the new output jack, new pots and power connections. Usually people have the hardest time simply fitting a battery into a Kelly.

It should be pretty easy. Each EMG pickup has a hot (white I think) a ground (black) and a power (red). The three way switch has two connecting points for each pickup (neck and bridge) solder the white of each pickup to the correct spot.

Comment

Same as it looks on the 5 way. 81 hot line to one side of the toggle, 85 to the other side of the toggle and middle tab to the vol pot

Edit-sorry that came across kinda rude. But yeah its white hot, bare ground and red +power
      Last edited by jdr94; 07-08-2012, 08:03 PM.

Comment

Yup what JDR said.

Comment

Heres a crude diagram

Comment

That diagram is fantastic, thanks! I'm assuming the short lines with the... triangle on the end is a ground wire? Where does that go, the bridge?
            Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
            Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
            Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

Comment

Yes those are grounds. Ground the pot, toggle and pickups to the jack. No ground to the bridge when using emgs

Comment

Working...
              X