Scott Ian soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Scott Ian soloist

Saw a made in China SI model today at GC.
    Binding and frets were really sloppy,played ok but not worth $629.00.
    The graphic was cheezy I mean cheezy and not very well done.The fretboard had the pentagrams and block letters on the last frets.
    With some work it could be cool and the fact its a one hum string thru soloist it has promise.
    Couldn't find any images online so if anyone can find one post it please.
    Last edited by straycat; 07-09-2012, 08:48 PM.
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

I can't stand the body being larger than the Soloist. Just didn't feel comfortable at all.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

There's a Chinese made Jackson?
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Didn't notice it being larger.

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
          There's a Chinese made Jackson?
          It's probably made in India, the OP is getting confused with the Charvel Desolation series.
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
            It's probably made in India, the OP is getting confused with the Charvel Desolation series.
            I was already predicting MIC Jacksons once Charvels were made there. If it's not, it's only a matter of time before they swap the logo.

Comment

Nope I looked at the sticker to see and yes made in China.
              DonP look at GC in Cinci and see if they have one I would have thought MII too.
              I will try and snap a pic of it today.
              Last edited by straycat; 07-10-2012, 10:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
                I can't stand the body being larger than the Soloist. Just didn't feel comfortable at all.
                Originally posted by straycat View Post
                Didn't notice it being larger.
                According to Scott, his new models are slightly bigger than a Soloist/Dinky body.

Which model is it, the ATL Soloist? http://www.gearhounds.com/jackson-sc...he-living.aspx
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                  Nope I looked at the sticker to see and yes made in China.
                  DonP look at GC in Cinci and see if they have one I would have thought MII too.
                  I will try and snap a pic of it today.
                  I'll let you know.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    According to Scott, his new models are slightly bigger than a Soloist/Dinky body.

Which model is it, the ATL Soloist? http://www.gearhounds.com/jackson-sc...he-living.aspx
                    Of all the things I can't get past, the top of the list has to be those fugly inlays! I really wanted to like this too, but not a freakin chance in hell. Such a shame.
                    "I have so much gayness at times. My wife walks in my music room, and there I am, in my undies, listening to "Sister Christian" while lighting fireworks..doin' blow." - Bill Z

"I leave off the back plate and pinch my forskin between the tension springs. That may not work for everyone. But I find that the people love it. Half the tone is in the pud." - Bill Z

Comment

I don't care for the inlays, either. I also don't like the "high boltage" inlays on his other model. http://jacksonguitars.com/products/s...tno=2803059845

Comment

Yeah ATL model TJ the inlays were odd too on the 12th fret they chopped the circle part rather than make the inlay smaller.
                        The graphic isn't doing it for me just a grainy mess.
                        Could have been a cool guitar with just a black body and only the ATL inlays.

Comment

It's probably a dot matrix photo graphic or something like they used on some of the old ESP George Lynch models...

Comment

I guess I lucked out with respect to frets and binding. Mine arrived in 'factory-fresh' condition and good playing condition. Will still need a set-up for my gauge of string.

Now as to the quality of the graphic. That's another story. I'm guessing they didn't work with the best source materials when it came to the ATL graphic. Also, the body feels like a regular size soloist - don't think these are 3/8 in bigger all around like the Scott Ian 'signature' USA models. All in all, not a bad 1-hum string-thru TOM soloist.

Comment

The basic guitar felt really good just needed some tweaking.
                              If I do get the one I looked at I can fix the minor issues no problem it wasn't a basket case.

Comment

Working...
                              X