Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jackson import necks? why all the different profiles?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackson import necks? why all the different profiles?

I am finding that Import jacksons have many different shaped necks,like the DK2 has some that have a super thin almost wizard thin neck and others are rounder gibson feeling neck profiles?
    never played the DK2M so i can comment,but the necks i prefer are the ones on the old Dinky XL,dinky reverse which had a stone finish as a opiton, JDR94,PS4,performers and even the concepts i played over the years had this certain neck profile i like best. the older import Kelly has my fav neck! this was a basic kelly with dot inlays and a bolt on neck i think it was the KE3?
    My new crimson swirl DK2 had a thicker gibson feeling neck so i sanded it down and rounded the neck profile shoulders so now it is a very fast neck. is there a chart for jackson import necks?

No chart for Jackson neck profiles. Imports were hand finished just like the USA necks, so there is some variance from neck to neck. What you get is basically luck of the draw.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
      this was a basic kelly with dot inlays and a bolt on neck i think it was the KE3?
      No. KE3's always had sharkies (other had sharkies too so sharkies don't always = a KE3).

Likely it was a PS6T.

FWIW, my DK2M doen't have an Ibanez thin neck, but it's thinner than my fat DK2 and is much more comfortable.

Other than that, no chart, buyer beware.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        No. KE3's always had sharkies (other had sharkies too so sharkies don't always = a KE3).

Likely it was a PS6T.
        A Kelly Standard also had dot inlays.
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

...,but the necks i prefer are the ones on the old Dinky XL,dinky reverse which had a stone finish as a opiton, JDR94,PS4,performers and even the concepts i played over the years had this certain neck profile i like best. the older import Kelly has my fav neck! ...
          Yeah i'm with you. I still like the necks on my Stealth Pro and JDRs the most of all my guitars.

is there a chart for jackson import necks?
          In older catalogues Jackson wrote down their neck specs. But i feel that especially over the last decade those values don't meant anything,
          as they we're getting more and more inconsistent when sanding down in my opinion.
          In the 90s i' hardly noticed slight variations in neck thickness and profile from guitar to guitar. But not that obviously.
          I think Jackson realized that too and decided to not give any info about the neck thickness anymore in their catalogues and website.

Sometimes i feel like people we're more interested in doing their job well (more accurate) back then (90s).
          Maybe because most people are more under pressure at work today, i don't know.

Comment

I hated the neck profile of the Fleckstone Dinky. Felt entirely too wide at the nut, like a Lynch Kamikaze.

The DK2 neck was ok, but I've grown accustomed to the DK2M neck profile, especially on Warrior bodies.

Thinnest Jackson import bolt-on neck I've ever had came from a JTX, though others have said they have fat necks. I measured mine and it's 0.69" thick at the 3rd fret.
            I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
              ok, but I've grown accustomed to the DK2M neck profile, especially on Warrior bodies.

Thinnest Jackson import bolt-on neck I've ever had came from a JTX, though others have said they have fat necks. I measured mine and it's 0.69" thick at the 3rd fret.
              I am hoping i really like the DK2M neck i bought 3 on ebay over the last two days! and the JTX man that a THIN neck even the RG's dont have a neck that thin? My ke3 has a great neck it is right between a wiz and wiz II= PERFECT for me

Comment

Ahhh, so you're my competitor, eh?

Seriously, I see people bidding on these when they have a BIN of $200. I mean, WTF?

Right now I've got 2 WRMGs with DK2M necks, a WRXT with a DK2M neck, another DK2M neck coming, and a complete-but-beat DK2M coming. Paid $200 + shipping for the neck, and $280 shipped for the complete guitar mere moments later, including a hard case. I figure the Duncans and case will bring about half what I paid for the complete package.

One of those necks is going on the Halford Warrior, and the other is probably going on a DK2 BOF.
                I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                X