'05 DXMG rarity?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by toejam View Post
    Here's the catalog pic with the DXMG with EMGs, even though the specs say HZ. http://audiozone.dk/guitargallery/?c...2006Page21.jpg
    let me point out here so everyone knows, as can be seen in that picture the trem was changed in 2006 on the dxmg, it was still the same model name(jt580) but not the low profile version. the low profile version can be seen on the dkmg in that picture and on the dxmg vector and i are working a deal on in the picture. its an easy quick way to date pre-06/post-06

Comment

Mine does not have the JT580LP so I guess it's a newer version.

Comment

Originally posted by digiadaamore View Post
        if i may, the info about the guitar i have came directly from asking jackson.
        Well, there's your problem! Seriously, though, the guys in Scottsdale are not as up on the Jackson specs/history as us nuts here at the JCF are!

the MIJ alder dxmg came out for 2002
        Correct. 2002 was the first year for MIJ and alder body.

(also the first year dxmg's 02-03 were made india)
        Wrong, 1st year was 2001, made in India for that year only.

and production switched to basswood in japan at serial #975xxxxx.
        Correct.

Welcome aboard, newb! Do you have other Jacksons / will you be sticking around?
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by digiadaamore View Post
          let me point out here so everyone knows, as can be seen in that picture the trem was changed in 2006 on the dxmg, it was still the same model name(jt580) but not the low profile version. the low profile version can be seen on the dkmg in that picture and on the dxmg vector and i are working a deal on in the picture. its an easy quick way to date pre-06/post-06

Actually a easier way is to unbolt the neck look at the date stamped on the inside. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Corpsegrinder88 View Post
            Actually a easier way is to unbolt the neck look at the date stamped on the inside. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              Well, there's your problem! Seriously, though, the guys in Scottsdale are not as up on the Jackson specs/history as us nuts here at the JCF are!

Correct. 2002 was the first year for MIJ and alder body.

Wrong, 1st year was 2001, made in India for that year only.

Correct.

Welcome aboard, newb! Do you have other Jacksons / will you be sticking around?
              thanks for the the affirmations on some stuff there. i have had many jackson's the dxmg is the one that always stuck with me and its the only one i have at the moment, and in the next day or so it should be moved to vector. ill definetly stick around though and inevitably end up with another jackson at some point.

Comment

Last edited by digiadaamore; 07-12-2012, 06:41 PM.

Comment

Working...
                X