• Time
  • Show
Clear All

That is a Professional, but not a PRO.

Comment

Nice guitar, but it aint a Kelly Pro, looks like a '96/'97 KE3 to me

Enjoy

Comment

since i such a neewb are these good? and was $300 high?

Comment

Comment

[QUOTE=Metal Spawn;1520207][/QUOT

GREAT REPLY PIC! LOVE THE PRIEST! thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
              since i such a neewb are these good? and was $300 high?
              sounds like a good deal to me, these are mid to high end Japanese models, just not as high end as an actual PRO

Comment

Originally posted by ralph View Post
                sounds like a good deal to me, these are mid to high end Japanese models, just not as high end as an actual PRO
                yeah my bad i meant to name the thread Kelly professional but when i realized what was written on the title i tried to change it but the forum editor would do it even when i used advanced editor? anyway i see real duncans(custom-custom/jazz set) and maybe a OFR(if the JT580lp is not good enough?
                i already have these on hand and if i get tired of that textured body, it is going to my bud for a BLOOD DRIP paint job at which he does as good as any i have seen. damn i am picturing it now,black body with red bood drips ya gotta admit the kelly body and the blood drip paint look amazing together!

Comment

If those are the Duncan Designed HB103 set, I'd say leave it. I use my ears, and I love them. The neck HB103 sounds a lot like a Jazz, and the bridge is the perfect middle between a DD and a JB. I think on the SD forums they say it has a regular ceramic magnet not the oversized DD ceramic.

I also use a Takuchi trem in mine (mine is blocked). It's a very good trem, and it fits the route perfect.

If the neck was bound, it would be my favorite neck. I wish Jackson didn't cheapen out and not include the binding on these.

Comment

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    If those are the Duncan Designed HB103 set, I'd say leave it. I use my ears, and I love them. The neck HB103 sounds a lot like a Jazz, and the bridge is the perfect middle between a DD and a JB. I think on the SD forums they say it has a regular ceramic magnet not the oversized DD ceramic.

I also use a Takuchi trem in mine (mine is blocked). It's a very good trem, and it fits the route perfect.

If the neck was bound, it would be my favorite neck. I wish Jackson didn't cheapen out and not include the binding on these.
                    I love the JB and the distortion so if the 103 is a in between tone i am leavin it! do all the different kelly's have the speed neck? i played a performer a while back and that neck was so fast! think wizard II fast!

Comment

I made mine a KE3 / DK1 so I'm not sure of the other Kelly necks.

Comment

Nice buy!

I bought my trans blue kelly for $325. Someone on here bought a beat up kelly for a good price and did a rising sun paint job on it. It looks pretty bad ass, I've been thinking about either buying another cheap kelly or painting mine with a rising sun.

I don't know if I want to paint over the flamed maple though...
                        Jackson ke3 kelly trans blue
                        Jackson Dk2m bengal with emg 81/85

Comment

Good guitars and that was a fair price.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

[QUOTE=CHARVEL_strat_81;1520224]
                            Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
                            [/QUOT

GREAT REPLY PIC! LOVE THE PRIEST! thanks!

Greatest... Band... EVAR!!!

And I'm glad you like my Photoshop skills!

Comment

Nice looking guitar! I'm not sure on necks - my CS shop Kelly has got a speed neck, and it's *totally* different to the neck on the KE3 I had...

Comment

Working...
                              X