Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Adrian Smith SDX sighting.

My GC has the white guard rosewood board version.$599.00
    As discussed before about the logo location being to high well this one is where the old logos were placed.Woot!
    Solid Jackson logo no highlighted areas...wrong
    11 screw pick guard wrong again!
    Skunk stripe cool, truss rod at heel cool (I don't care as long as it has a truss rod).
    Played pretty good trem worked great and made in India is confirmed!
    Bridge pick up has poles like a super D cool!Actually sounded OK needed a set up but hey no big deal.
    Going back this Sunday and get some pics.
    I walked in and my buddy Josh said hold on man you need to check this out.
    Did say I would rather have the maple board and black pick guard model.LOL.Not that I'm in the market for one right off the bat but it really felt good and my guess its around 9 lbs, cool!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Good news. Got a DST-1 FR on order, but I may consider one of these (black guard, maple board too )

Comment

I thought MAP on these were 499. I'm sure none of my guitar stores will have these any time soon.

Comment

Rich the sales guy wasn't sure on the price he just said I think its $599.00.
        I'll find out for sure on Sunday and post it here.
        The thing was pretty heavy thats what I noticed first so I don't think its made of Cedro.
        Last edited by straycat; 07-21-2012, 09:31 AM.

Comment

Its probably basswood, like theyre using on all the x series guitars.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

9lbs is pretty heavy for a strat style guitar. Was the neck oiled?

Comment

Originally posted by Predator1 View Post
              9lbs is pretty heavy for a strat style guitar. Was the neck oiled?
              I thought so too but weight is good.The neck was semi glossy.
              Fret work was good IMO very clean on the edges.

Comment

Neck profile? thin? medium? rolled fb edges?

Comment

Originally posted by RobRR View Post
                  Its probably basswood, like theyre using on all the x series guitars.
                  Not at 9 LBS, it maybe mahogany at that weight. thats what the kramer pacer classics are but basswood would have worked for me since the super d sounds great is that wood.
                  I have a so cal in white but i still want the maple board adrian my so cal has been modded to be a VH axe one hummer and one knob,got the pickguard off of TNT on ebay fits like a glove. but i want the adrian for the H/S/S set up. I am putting a mega switch on mine when i get it and of course a real super d

[IMG][/IMG]
                  Last edited by CHARVEL_strat_81; 07-21-2012, 03:50 PM.

Comment

Dammit! All these favourable comments are gonna force me to get one!

Comment

Not at 9 LBS, it maybe mahogany at that weight.
                      Good basswood can be heavy. some of the basswood model series are heavy.

Comment

Dead on Rich I had a 9 lb model 2 not long ago.
                        Going to get some close up pics tomorrow if GC will let me.
                        Fretboard edges seemed fine to me not sharp at all.Neck profile felt chunkier than an import Fender strat neck.

Comment

I'm going to wait for a used one to pop up locally and trade for it.Low cash flow sucks.
                          The no highlight logo looks kinda weird and the glossy clear over it seems wrong but I could dull the clear some that might look better.

Comment

As promised close up pics.
                            Seems like a great deal for $499.And its trade in trade up sale weekend too.

Comment

It's a basswood body, staright from Jackson specs.
                              http://jacksonguitars.com/products/s...tno=2913052576

Comment

Working...
                              X