Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One more serial # question, and I have read the serial # thread, but...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• One more serial # question, and I have read the serial # thread, but...

Okay, I just wanted to clarify one thing. MIJ Jacksons have 6 or 7 digits, right? But, what about the letters in front of the digits? Do those count, or do I only include numbers? Because just today, I traded a guy and got a Jackson Dinky. It has 7 digits, but there are 3 letters before the number. It reads NHJ 101XXXX. So, is this Japanese? Sorry to keep asking on this subject, but I wasn't clear if the letters are counted in the serial. Again, thanks so much for all the help you guys provide.

Dana <~~~
    '85 Rhoads Custom
    '86 SD Str*t
    '86 Model 4 (5)
    '87 Model 1
    '87 Model 6
    '88 Model 3DR
    '90 650 XL
    '94 KE-3
    '97 DR Amberburst
    '97 Dinky BOFlames
    '05 SD Copperhead

Made in India.
    RR24M -SLATQH- 2 SLSMG's- DKMGT- 3DXMGT's
    CHS2 -Traditional- 2 SC90 Surfcasters
    Tacoma DR14 DM14 JR55
    Ibanez Artcore AM77, AF125NT,AS93

Comment

Oh, bummer. Okay, thanks so much. Hmmm.

Dana <~~~
      '85 Rhoads Custom
      '86 SD Str*t
      '86 Model 4 (5)
      '87 Model 1
      '87 Model 6
      '88 Model 3DR
      '90 650 XL
      '94 KE-3
      '97 DR Amberburst
      '97 Dinky BOFlames
      '05 SD Copperhead

Comment

Those are a brand new numbering system for India (and China for Charvels has a new system too).

Comment

Yah, made in India 2010. What is it, a JS?

I believe this was discussed in that Ser # Database Thread I gave ya last week.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Well, I'm not sure of the model. It's just a plain old white Dinky with reverse headstock and sharkfins. What is a JS? I'm really disapointed that I didn't understand the serials correctly. I would not have traded if I had realized. I mean, it's in really excellent condition, but I traded an Ibanez RG4EX for it. I think the Ibanez was probably a better guitar, but I don't know, man. I thought since the Jackson had only 7 digits/numbers that it was Japanese. So then, you have to count the numbers and the letters, and if those add up to 7 or less, it's Japanese, right? Man, I feel like a dumbass. Thank you guys so much for explaining this to me again. I'm really good with the Jap Charvels, but with this new stuff, man, I'm an idiot.

Dana <~~~
            '85 Rhoads Custom
            '86 SD Str*t
            '86 Model 4 (5)
            '87 Model 1
            '87 Model 6
            '88 Model 3DR
            '90 650 XL
            '94 KE-3
            '97 DR Amberburst
            '97 Dinky BOFlames
            '05 SD Copperhead