NGD.. Elite Soloist

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NGD.. Elite Soloist

Well, the NGD isn't really today, but today was the day I finally found the damn camera. Got this from Matt a few weeks back.

After having it set up with a set of 10's I found that the pickups just sounded like they didn't have the output they should. Also, turning the knob for the preamp did absolutely nothing. It was all wired right and had a fresh battery, but no change at all when turning the knob.

So the guy that set it up (Jim at Mojo Guitar Works ( http://mojoguitarworks.net/homepage.html ) suggested that I might like the Duncan Blackout Preamp. Had it installed, the output is hot as hell and the guitar sounds so much better. I mean it really came alive.

On to the pics........ Black Elite Soloist. Serial# 110984

FIXED THE PICTURE LINKS. LETS SEE IF THEY'LL STAY THIS TIME.

This was the best shot I got that showed the Chrome logo.

Last edited by AdRock; 07-27-2012, 04:49 PM.
    My Toys:
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
    '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
    '94 Dinky HX in Black
    '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Slick !!
    Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Very NICE. Great grab!

Comment

I like it!!

Comment

Congrats on the NGD, i have an Elite King V in black as well and i love it. Strange that you say the mid-boost didn't do anything obvious. I can't find any use for it personally and i also think the output isn't as hot as i'd like it to be so i'm considering throwing in a Shadow Kill Pot and the Blackout Preamp too; if not i'll just leave the mid-boost and throw in a pair of Bareknuckle Aftermaths.

How is yours wired now?
          It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
          ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Holy crap black and chrome is beautiful. Okay, stupid question time. I know, I'm sorry. But whats the Elite mean or make it different from a regular Soloist?
            I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

The Elite series is the last batch of Jacksons to come out of the now closed Japanese factory. They feature a mid-boost pot, silver inlays, stainless steel frets, locking nut bolts and string lock screws as well as chrome OFR, hardware and pickup rings. Three body shapes (RR, Soloist and KV) were released in various finishes.
              It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
              ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

Oh cool. Thank you sir.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Oh dear, I knew I should've ignored this thread, now I need to change my pants.

That's one hell of a happy new guitar day.

Comment

I didnt think it was possible but that soloist is TOO DAMN COOL! is that a MIJ?
                    I cant believe how fuckin great that logo looks in chrome!

Comment

guys chrome is fucking epic on these guitars ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!beautiful well done man!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by vampire dark View Post
                        guys chrome is fucking epic on these guitars ahhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!beautiful well done man!!!!!
                        +1000 IF that does not look hot rodded then NOTHING does!
                        what did ya pay for that beauty?

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                          +1000 IF that does not look hot rodded then NOTHING does!
                          what did ya pay for that beauty?
                          $1199 shipped. Years ago I swore I'd never pay more than 1k again for a guitar but I just had to have one of these. I don't regret it at all.
                          My Toys:
                          '94 Dinky HX in Black
                          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
                            I didnt think it was possible but that soloist is TOO DAMN COOL! is that a MIJ?
                            I cant believe how fuckin great that logo looks in chrome!
                            Thanks. And yep, MIJ. See devotees post above.
                            My Toys:
                            '94 Dinky HX in Black
                            '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Originally posted by Devotee View Post
                              Congrats on the NGD, i have an Elite King V in black as well and i love it. Strange that you say the mid-boost didn't do anything obvious. I can't find any use for it personally and i also think the output isn't as hot as i'd like it to be so i'm considering throwing in a Shadow Kill Pot and the Blackout Preamp too; if not i'll just leave the mid-boost and throw in a pair of Bareknuckle Aftermaths.

How is yours wired now?
                              I saw your thread on the V. Very nice, I love the v's but i just can't get comfortable with them.

As far as wiring changes go..

The front knob is now the volume for the bridge pickup.
                              The middle knob is now the volume for the neck pickup.
                              Both volume pots were switched out with CTS pots.
                              The rear knob is the blackout preamp.
                              The toggle is wired normal, but now that there are 2 volumes I can use it to get the stutter effect when i want to.

Is suggest giving the blackout a try before switching out the pickups. I paid about $100 for the preamp and the install. So it was cheaper than spending $150 or more plus install on a set of pickups.
                              Last edited by AdRock; 07-24-2012, 01:57 PM.
                              My Toys:
                              '94 Dinky HX in Black
                              '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

Working...
                              X