Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is there any reason not to sell my JDR 94 Concept?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is there any reason not to sell my JDR 94 Concept?

It's one of five guitars, I barely play it and I hate the pickups. Should I ditch it or is it worth putting some good pickups in it and keeping it? I only paid $125 for last year, so I THINK I got a good deal on it.

BTW, has anyone got one of these that ISN'T blue? I've never seen another color, but I seriously doubt they only made them in one color... right?
    Yes, I know that the G string is wound backwards.. :-)

Thanks!

There's probably 2 reasons to sell it.........
    1) You're raising cash to buy a higher end Jackson
    2) You just can't bond with the JDR at all

Otherwise, if it's only the p'ups that bother you, swap 'em. These are good guitars. I'm sure they did more than blue.

Comment

I am having a hard time getting along with her in general. I think that I choose to focus on the pickups when it's the whole guitar that I don't like.. Maybe if I changed the pickups I'd like playing it more and get used to it, but I don't want to throw money away on it that I'm not going to get back if I sell it.
      Looks like she's going to be hittin' the road soon.

Comment

JDR's are good guitars. I've been eyeing one at my localish music store but I think they want to much for it. Stock pickups aren't all that bad or great. Look on craigslist or Seymour Duncans user forum as well as here. There's always somebody selling pickups.
        I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

What pickups do you like? Find some used and put them in there and get a proper setup. I've known a few people that didn't like the mid 90's Dinky reverse guitars like mine. But they played mine once and really liked it. The better pickups and a proper setup can make a world of difference. If you still don't like it put the stock pickups back in and sell it. As said above, they really are good guitars.
          My Toys:
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Cherry Burst Flame Top
          '94 Dinky Rev. Purple Burst Quilt Top
          '94 Dinky HX in Black
          '12 ESP Mii NTB in Black

Comment

I like the neck shape on these or at least the PS4 which this is the same thing right? anyway if they guitar doesnt feel right to you it probably never will so my vote is sell t for as much as you can and move on

Comment

Originally posted by AdRock View Post
              What pickups do you like? Find some used and put them in there and get a proper setup. I've known a few people that didn't like the mid 90's Dinky reverse guitars like mine. But they played mine once and really liked it. The better pickups and a proper setup can make a world of difference. If you still don't like it put the stock pickups back in and sell it. As said above, they really are good guitars.
              what he said, you can always use the pickups in something else anyways.
              I want a guitar made of ALL abalone. That would be badass. All shellfish should die for my shreddage delight.

Guitar Guy 22345762.9 is Jarek...like from Subway.

Comment

The necks on them looked the same to me also Charvel_strat_81. I have an older PS-2 MIJ and it's the second thinnest neck I own. It's one of my main guitars.
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by 1978 2619 View Post
                  I am having a hard time getting along with her in general. I think that I choose to focus on the pickups when it's the whole guitar that I don't like.
                  Dump it and get what you like.

Comment

I love the neck. Reminds me of my old RG550 in the late 80's. I have a Charvel 3DR and that neck is NOTHING like the JDR. It's more like a table leg, but on that guitar it works.
                    My other guitars are strats with single coils and an Ibanez Artist with humbuckers, but I keep that stock. I wouldn't have any use for a HSH set up other than the JDR. Maybe I'll put in one humbucker just leave it like that.

Comment

It's one of five guitars, I barely play it and I hate the pickups. Should I ditch it or is it worth putting some good pickups in it and keeping it?
                      I still have 2 JDRs in my collection. I always loved them for their very thin, nice shaped and fast necks and comfort. No sign of nose diving or anything.
                      I upgraded the PUs and Pots and these guitars scream. I took one out of its case some weeks ago to compare it to my new elite jackson because i've put the same PU-combination in
                      one of the JDRs (TB4/Jazz) and again fell in love with its sound and playability.
                      Now i am thinking about upgrading it with a Schaller Lockmeister Tremolo to use it as one of my main guitars for my latest band.
                      The only reasons why other guitars are getting more played by myself are that i'm even more loving ebony fretboards and Stealth/SLS shaped guitars.

So yes, i would definately keep it and upgrade it.
                      But as being said, if you don't get used to how it feels (neck, shape, and so on), sell it.

I only paid $125 for last year, so I THINK I got a good deal on it.
                      Great deal. In germany you have to pay about 200€ in good condition.

BTW, has anyone got one of these that ISN'T blue? I've never seen another color, but I seriously doubt they only made them in one color... right?
                      The two i own are black.

Comment

StealthPro, thanks. Like I mentioned, I love the neck. Brings me back to my 20's... 20 years ago. I might just find some decent pickups and see if she transforms to what I thought I was buying. After all, this is the newest guitar that I own, and its already 18 years old. It takes time to form a relationship.

Comment

StealthPro, thanks. Like I mentioned, I love the neck. Brings me back to my 20's... 20 years ago. I might just find some decent pickups and see if she transforms to what I thought I was buying. After all, this is the newest guitar that I own, and its already 18 years old. It takes time to form a relationship.
                          listen this is only a suggestion but in those guitars the tone zone or a duncan distorton really makes em shine! in the neck a air norton or 59 is a good choice... all these pu's love alder which i beleive your guitar is?

Comment

I have one, it's my #1 player. I put a set of Duncan Invaders in it and it sounds good to my ears. hands down one of the best playing guitars i've had my hands on. And the only red one i've ever seen, most seem to be black.
                            Red JDR-94
                            Maroon PS-3T with shark fin neck
                            Duncan Invader pickups
                            Jackson>ZW Wah>Vintage phase 90>ZW OD or Boss SD>Maxon SD9>MXR Flange 117>NS2>Bugera 1960>effects loop>boss chorus>MXR 10-band>effects loop return

Comment

Originally posted by brandoz28 View Post
                              I have one, it's my #1 player. I put a set of Duncan Invaders in it and it sounds good to my ears. hands down one of the best playing guitars i've had my hands on. And the only red one i've ever seen, most seem to be black.
                              hey you dont own enough guitars to be comparing !

Comment

Working...
                              X