No announcement yet.

NGD: Jackson SDX Adrian Smith

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nothing wrong with selling a blem guitar if it's discounted and the flaws are disclosed to the customer.

Comment

Originally posted by chrisolson View Post
      I played one last weekend. Overall, I'd give it a B. The neck was pretty good - had the right shape, but was missing the "feel" of the SD necks. That could be remedied though. The action was high for my liking, but again easily remedied. The pickups were fine, and I actually like the neck single. Can't comment on the middle position though - it didn't work. That's the big deduction. Would I buy one? Yeah. But I'd probably grab a slightly used SoCal first. Cool guitar overall though.
      The one at the Edina GC? I played that one too, even told a couple of employees the middle pickup was dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Evol View Post
        But say someone buys it, and it sucks then sells it on ebay without giving out the details of why it sucked. Then it has nothing to do with who can't read.
        yeah i guess but i honestly was not thinking of anything but getting a exchange or my money like anyone else here!
        i hope you can understand that? I was pretty pissed off to say the least and was not thinking of writing down serial numbers of a guitar that is being sent back. I still have NOT gotten the replacement for it and am not too thrilled about that either!

Comment

I tried one for a minute in GC last night too... wasnt too bad! Neck felt good, played ok as is, sounded pretty resonant! Looked to be free of defects and blemishes too. Not a bad deal for the price point I guess.
          Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

I'm seeing them on eBay for around $350 new. Getting to the point where I might have to grab one

Comment

I think Id be a buyer at $250 to $300 used. To me $500 is a little much for a bolton strat made in India... especially when a few guitars down was a Korean made BC Rich JRV7 string V, ebony board, Floyd Original 7, quilt top... for $600. Im not a BC fan, but that was A LOT of guitar for the money, and I just dont get that feeling from the AS. It wasnt a bad guitar, but not for that price. That and I really want a USA one anyway.
              Last edited by RobRR; 08-29-2012, 10:51 AM.
              Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Still wanting one with a maple board but GC tells me they have to sell the rosewood board one first before they can get another one.Sounds like BS to me.
                Did find a cool BCR gunslinger in neon green has a good price on it too first run MIK model 10 times better guitar than the MIC one that is $100 more go figure.
                Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

I got my maple neck coming to me Saturday Sept 8th!

Comment

Originally posted by straycat View Post
                    Still wanting one with a maple board but GC tells me they have to sell the rosewood board one first before they can get another one.Sounds like BS to me.
                    Did find a cool BCR gunslinger in neon green has a good price on it too first run MIK model 10 times better guitar than the MIC one that is $100 more go figure.
                    they shouldnt have to sell the rosewood ASmith before ordering you a maple board Smith, that is total bs. You are right though, the first run BC Rich gunslingers were killer guitars for the price, way better than the China version. Grab it if its a good price, they are getting hard to find.

Comment

My replacement is still on back order! this is BS! they have the rosewood but i dont want rosewood and i hate that white scratch guard!

Comment

to answer the earlier question of comparing the adrian sdx jackson to the usa charvel, they are very comparable, the neck seems a tad thinner on the jackson but not a bad feel, i actually like it. i just bought the adrain jackson from GC, i used the labor day 15% off coupon and got the rosewood board white on white and i can say it is amazing for the money, i really like the stock pick ups too and as far as the basswood body i like that as well, i usually like my guitars a tad dark sounding and this with the basswood body and rosewood board fits the bill, my charvel has an alder body with a maple board with the dimarzio super 3 and it sounds real close to the stock adrain jackson, the jackson is a little darker though but in my opinion it is easier to brighten a guitar up.....

Comment

I would have to change to a black guard on the rosewood board one. White on white just looks odd to me.
                          Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

i hear ya....that is the plan....

Comment

Hi. New member here. Thanks for the info so far.Has anyone compared the San Dimas with the SDX versions? If you change the pickups, are they bodies similar in construction and quality? I'm really GASing for the SDX and I don't even like signature models or solid bodies! There is just something about it.
                              Last edited by polishbroadcast; 09-04-2012, 11:15 PM.

Comment

My Adrian Smith Jackson came to my house Thursday. Overall very nice quality. The action was a bit high, but no
                                problem setting it up. I installed the Big Block from Floyd Upgrades and dressed the frets.

This is an amazing guitar for the money! I was lucky too, the neck has a nice flame on it too!

Comment

Working...
                                X