Rr24m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rr24m

Well now... I've hankered after a Jackson Rhoads since '87, watching Anthrax play them. Back then, especially in the UK, they were well out of my reach. I got a Fernandes JS90 copy, which is still a pretty fantastic guitar (I still remember the faces on doubters when they played it). Anyway, cut to 25 years later, and I've finally got my first Jackson - a second-hand RR24M in black.

The saddles on the Floyd were in the wrong positions, so the string heights were all wrong near the bridge; the jack socket crackled; the action was off; the sound from the EMG was a little thin. It didn't take long to strip the Floyd and re-arrange it, clean the jack socket, re-string the guitar, and re-set the action.

Wow!

It was already my favourite neck (two Fernandes, two Peavey Wolfgangs including a Pat-Pending US model, and a Dean V), and I LOVE the Rhoads body shape - it fits my playing position so well. Something was missing though...

...and then it struck me - play with the pickup height. Tweaking it really made this my favourite guitar. I'm now looking for another (thought maybe I'll go for an Ebony fretboard) so that I can have one is standard tuning and another in Drop-D. Just awesome.

Glad to be here!

P.

Wow, congrats ! I always wanted to get one of these, but I didnt have money at the time :S Please, post some pics !

Comment

-77172206304094030.jpg
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Ive been chasing one for ages but either couldn't get anyone to ship to Australia or shipping was as much as the guitar itself.

On ebay, these are few & far between so you're a lucky fellow, congratulations bro.

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post

[ATTACH=CONFIG]4438[/ATTACH]
          IIRC, you bought the Snow White w/ Black Bevels RR24M too, didn't you?
          Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
            I thought he did too. I remember him rubbing in our face he got the right color one. I absolutely love mine, except for the color. Black with Black binding is just stupid. They should have painted it any other color - with a matching headstock.

Comment

That is a pretty axe

Comment

Loving the Maple neck! Looks great on that guitar! EMGs can be raised up very close to the strings for a fuller tone. Great score!
                "Rule number one: In my van, it's Rush. All Rush, all the time. No exceptions. Rule number two: Nobody touch the red button. And I mean never touch the red button. Most importantly, rule number three: There's no jerking it in my van!"

Kemper 600 watt Profiling Amp
                ENGL Powerball II
                Peavey 5150 4x12 Slant Cab
                Mesa 4 x 12 Slant Cab
                Marshall 2x12 Cab

2010 Jackson SL2H Trans Blue
                1988 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst
                1989 Charvel 750XL Trans Cherry Burst Hardtail
                2011 Jackson DK2M Blue
                2011 Jackson DK2M Black
                1987 Charvel Model 2 White
                2012 Charvel Dimartini Crossed Swords
                1991 Charvel Dinky 080-SH Blue Crackle
                1990 Grover Jackson Dinky Trans Purple
                2010 Jackson Mutt Slime Green
                2012 Charvel Jap Pro Mod Candy Blue
                2006 Gibson Les Paul Custom Black
                2003 Gibson Les Paul R9 Custom Shop Reissue
                2013 Gibson Les Paul Studio Pro Silverburst
                2013 Epiphone Plus Top Pro w/ Bonamassa pups
                2014 PRS SE Custom 24 Emerald Green
                1987 Tokai Silver Star Strat

Comment

These are sweet. I traded my M & some cash for a KV1 but ill get another. I actually never mess with my black/yellow 24's

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                    Correct

Originally posted by DonP View Post
                    I thought he did too. I remember him rubbing in our face he got the right color one.
                    Muahahaha!
                    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I wanted an RR24 in Snow White w/ Black Bevels so bad but being unemployed at the time it was an impossibility. Nice score, congrats!
                      It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
                      ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

Comment

to the guys that own a rr24m that comes at white color and black bevels ,sometime at winter i will have gathered some money -I expect them to be something close to 500+ euros- and i will ask from you to buy one via the forum.....hope that someone could ship it to greece cause i know it's gonna be difficult for you...also is the price of 500+ euros a satisfying one for buying a used one but in good condition rr24m ?

Comment

Working...
                        X