WRMG help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• WRMG help

A local shop has a WRMG in black with large silver flakes for $240. They've got it labeled as a JS30WR or something like that. Now I'm not a Warrior fan, but I'm thinking for that price, I might just have to give it a shot. I don't know if the WRMG changed specs over the years, but this one has EMG-HZ pickups, and what seems to me a Turbocharger, 3rd pot is a push pull, and there's a battery box on the back.

So what do you guys think, should I snag it? I could probably even talk it down.
    "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

SNAG IT. If they knew what it really was, they'd probably charge twice that figure. The last incarnation of the the WRMG had real EMG's and no Turbocharger (push/pull knob).
    Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Just curious, does anybody know how common the black w/silver flake finish was? I have never seen one before, and I saw no reason to suspect it to be refinished.
      "Today, I shat a brown monolith ..majestic enough for gods to stand upon" BillZ aka horns666

Comment

Not common at all. Neither were Trans Blue or Trans Green. I wanted the TB back in 2004, but had to settle for Trans Black.
        Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

So....if I don't like it, you got first dibs wilkinsi?

Comment

Sure, why not? Sounds like a pre 2006 version. Alder body, bolt on neck, MIJ.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Not arguing with ya Ron by any means, but curiosity struck and I checked a few catalogs and found the Turbocharger version to be made of Basswood. Only one catalog mentioned this, do you think they may have changed body woods in the pre-06 models?

I can tell you it was pretty light, especially considering it's size.

Comment

The catalog is wrong, just like your apostrophe down there

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                considering it's size.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Originally posted by Axegrinder87 View Post
                  So....if I don't like it, you got first dibs wilkinsi?
                  NO I'm happy with my neckthru Warriors
                  Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I'll take it if you don't want it. Or talk to Chuk (Drake S)

The Halford is a WRMG body from the same period. HZs, Afterburner, and IIRC ToeJam assured me it was alder when I bought it from him. Considering the spikes and stuff had to be turned a certain way to go in without bending the points, I'd say it wasn't basswood.
                    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

YOU buy it. See signature
                      Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

Comment

I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Working...
                        X