Ngd dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ngd dk2m

Just picked this puppy up off CL. except for the electrical tape EVH treatment everything is mint. This one was on my list but had been out of reach price wise til now.
    Turn the volume to 10 and rip off the knob!

Currently Shredding:
    2007 Jackson DK2M
    1983 Kramer Pacer Special
    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit
    2000ish RR Knockoff refinish.

very nice...d.m.
    http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

Thanks. without digging can I assume its a 1998 if there's a 980 is the first 3 of the serial?

Currently Shredding:
      2007 Jackson DK2M
      2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

ron (racerx) should be along shortly...he is the king of serial numbers and identified my recently acquired dr3...lol...d.m.
        http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Devane.ASP

http://www.mp3unsigned.com/Torquestra.ASP

Comment

980 is way later than '98 (DK2Ms weren't even made until '06 or so?)

This is probably 2007-09 era?

I'm a little fuzzy on the more recent MIJ serials...
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Nice! I prefer neck through, but you can't deny the awesomeness of the DK2M!

Comment

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
              980 is way later than '98 (DK2Ms weren't even made until '06 or so?)

This is probably 2007-09 era?

I'm a little fuzzy on the more recent MIJ serials...
              You and me both. maybe an O9 model. That date prefix seemed to be kinda universal. I'm pulling the strings tomorrow so I can check the neck pocket then. The electrical tape is off and I found the dirty little secret. there was a dent under one of the pieces of tape. bout .5 in by 1/8th. so, as much as I'm sure everyone will cringe at the thought, I've seen some really nice tiger stripe decals that could cover it. still, $275 seems pretty good to me.

Currently Shredding:
              2007 Jackson DK2M
              2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Originally posted by cullenszoo View Post
                You and me both. maybe an O9 model. That date prefix seemed to be kinda universal. I'm pulling the strings tomorrow so I can check the neck pocket then. The electrical tape is off and I found the dirty little secret. there was a dent under one of the pieces of tape. bout .5 in by 1/8th. so, as much as I'm sure everyone will cringe at the thought, I've seen some really nice tiger stripe decals that could cover it. still, $275 seems pretty good to me.
                If you need to remove the tape residue, not sure if goo-gone would dull the paint job, but furniture polish like Pledge usually dissolves that stuff pretty good. I used it all the time back in the day to remove sticker residue... Good find! Not a bad price at all. Too bad you found out about the ding after the sale. You might have been able to get the price down a little bit.
                1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
                1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
                2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
                2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
                2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
                2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
                1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
                2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
                2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
                1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

As long as the neck is in good shape I'd still call it a good deal. Bodies can be repaired, but certain neck issues can trash a guitar.

Comment

So I used some windex and pulled the goo right off. Pulled the old strings and checked the picket. It has a 2007 date stamp so apparently there is no connection between the serial and year. at least not obviously. I'm still in the middle of the my set up. takes me a little to dial it in but once it is it will hold. I'll add more pics in the near future.
                    The easiest way to describe the dent is that it looks like one side of a hammer claw bumped into it. not seriously deep but noticeable.
                    The rest of the body and neck are mint. the crowning on the frets are clean and even. I'd say the first owner bought it from a shop with the dent and got a big discount for it. then they did the tape thing.

Currently Shredding:
                    2007 Jackson DK2M
                    2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

Nice find and that's about as good a price for that guitar as you'll get. I picked up a dead dead mint black one on Craigslist for $250 and ended up trading it for a mint black So Cal Pro Mod. And I got a white one at Guitar Center for about $270 after discounts but it had a few paint chips and needed a level and crown job. Now just swap out the JB and you're all set. BTW, hows the high E string sitting on the fret board? I've seen a couple of posts where they've been very close to the edge of the fretboard.

Comment

Currently Shredding:
                        2007 Jackson DK2M
                        2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

There it is without the tape. The string alignment seems a tad short but it may just need a little adjustment in the pocket. it's seated in there pretty well but there is a hair of wiggle room. I've found that some guitars you really have to watch when you put the neck back on to make sure the strings line up where their supposed to.

Currently Shredding:
                          2007 Jackson DK2M
                          2013 Kramer 5150 Kit

Comment

It has a 2007 date stamp so apparently there is no connection between the serial and year. at least not obviously.
                            Ah, I see you're new. MIJ bolt on serials started a new numbering system around 1996, when they started with 960xxxx, but then went in order, so you can date them by ser #. There are several threads on this. 967-969xxxx is 2003, etc. I think they were around 986xxxx by the time Japan production ended recently. So you can see why some (hate to use this word, but) newbies may initially think their "98x" serial is from 1998, etc.
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Man, I really want a DK2M! Congrats on the score!
                              https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Working...
                              X