Ngd dk2m

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RacerX View Post
    Ah, I see you're new. MIJ bolt on serials started a new numbering system around 1996, when they started with 960xxxx, but then went in order, so you can date them by ser #. There are several threads on this. 967-969xxxx is 2003, etc. I think they were around 986xxxx by the time Japan production ended recently. So you can see why some (hate to use this word, but) newbies may initially think their "98x" serial is from 1998, etc.
    I really wish they would've used an easier format where the first 2 numbers were the year. Or at least publish the internal info on how their serials relate to date of manufacture.

I'm amazed you've been able to keep track of all this over the years. I finally had to give it up because there was just too much going on with them, when a more simple approach would have worked just fine.
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Originally posted by Newc View Post
      I really wish they would've used an easier format where the first 2 numbers were the year. Or at least publish the internal info on how their serials relate to date of manufacture.
      Definitely agree with you there, Newc!

I'm amazed you've been able to keep track of all this over the years. I finally had to give it up because there was just too much going on with them, when a more simple approach would have worked just fine.
      Aw shucks,,,,there are actually a couple of other guys who have way more detailed reference sheets than I. You & I & those 2 guys should all collaborate on a definitive database, like that USA Charvel guy's chart.
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

At this point I'd only be able to say which necks will and will not work with a given body through the years. The stuff I remember about serials is dwindling more each day
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

there are actually a couple of other guys who have way more detailed reference sheets than I.
          Johnnyryche is one of them I'm sure...

I'll have to peruse some old s/n threads and do a call to action!

Now we just heard that Jackson is contracting with a factory in IndoNESIA for a new import Jackson line! Sheesh, another s/n format to remember!
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Johnnyryche is one of them I'm sure...
            My log is only USA select numbers. I never tried tracking any of the various import numbers. I guess if I start now, I might have a decent import log in about 10 years.

Comment

Originally posted by Anders View Post
              Man, I really want a DK2M! Congrats on the score!
              That's not a Warrior either
              Fuck ebay, fuck paypal

"Finger on the trigger, back against the wall. Counting rounds and voices, not enough to kill them all" (Ihsahn).

Comment

Originally posted by wilkinsi View Post
                That's not a Warrior either
                Haha, I knew I just should've kept my mouth shut!
                https://www.facebook.com/cutupofficial

Comment

Nice score. Looks great with or without the stripes.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Working...
                  X