Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

JS32T King V? (or string-through, bolt-on King Vs in general)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JS32T King V? (or string-through, bolt-on King Vs in general)

I've been GASing heavily for a bolt-on string-through King V for a killer project i have in mind. The idea is to buy one in black, upgrade the hardware to gold Sperzels and Tone Pros bridge, upgrade the pots and electronics and throw in a set of Duncan P-Rails with Triple Shot switching system. Maybe paint it vintage white while i'm at it.

Does anyone here own a JS32 and if so, how are they? I had a buddy who had a JS30 Warrior which played real nice and actually sounded great too with the stock pickups but the hardware was cheap and the body wood was a little soft and dented easily, so how do these later models compare? Do you think it's worth the effort or should i just hold out until i can find a nice used alder KVX10? I'm also considering a neck swap for a nice DXMGT neck if i can find one for a good price on eBay (you can blame skullfunkerry for the inspiration).

Help me out guys, my GAS is pretty bad right now!
    It's all about the blues-rock chatter.

Originally posted by RD
    ...so now I have this massive empty house with my Harley, Guns, Guitar and nothing else...

I have a JS KV body I picked up for cheap and fixed the horn chip. I have no idea how it sounds because I pick up parts for projects and then never actually finish them

With how prices are now just hunt CL/ebay for a used KVX10. I got a great deal on mine. These guitars can be had cheaper used than a new JS.

Comment

Found a bolt on KV with ghost flames in a store here and almost traded for it.
      It would have made a fun project.
      Really? well screw Mark Twain.

Comment

Working...
      X