Getting a DXMG and need info

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Getting a DXMG and need info

I am trading someone my ibanez rg for their DXMG and wnated to ask how can i tell is the MIJ DXMG has a basswood or alder body? the owner says the jackson is very resonant and load unplugged? and he also said he is almost positive it is a 98?

If you go to the scanned sales section for 1998 you will find the info and scanned picture for your guitar. This is how I found the info on mine.

Comment

Originally posted by CHARVEL_strat_81 View Post
      the owner says the jackson is very resonant and load unplugged? and he also said he is almost positive it is a 98?
      Lesson one: don't trust anyone who is trying to sell or trade you something.

Comment

I don't think the DXMG was produced until the early 2000's. If it's MIJ then it should be alder, it's pretty standard for these guitars. I think the very first versions were MII and might be basswood but I'm guessing here. I think the new X series also now has a DXMG now MII again with basswood... to confuse things further. Yay!

Originally posted by DonP View Post
        Lesson one: don't trust anyone who is trying to sell or trade you something.
        So true. When I was buying a Dinky XL which had an input jack problem, the guy was trying to tell me most Jackson have this problem.

Comment

DXMG body wood:

2001: basswood MII (its 1st year)
          2002-2006: alder MIJ
          2007- basswood MIJ

If he thinks it's a '98 it's probably because the serial # starts with 98. (Remember? "serial?" duhhh )

So I will do an educated guess and say it's a later MIJ basswood model.

Get the serial # and pickup model.
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

screw that dxmg i scored this DK2 with USA duncans cheaper!

Comment

Working...
            X