Kelly X Series?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kelly X Series?

I don't know if anyone else has seen this, but Jackson recently posted these pictures on their social media channels:

Not much of an explanation has been offered with the above pics other than super-general statements like "on the horizon" or something. I'm also not entirely sure these are X Series guitars, but I think that's a safe educated guess to make. The EMGs, rosewood fretboard, and what look to be Floyd Rose Pros would all be consistent with the rest of the product line.

I don't know why, but something about that black Kelly with white bevels is calling out to me...

It's calling out to me too... Especially the hardtail one! Oh my god I see a new Kelly in my apartment "on the horizon."
    Jackson Kelly Ke3 MIJ black
    Jackson DK2 Black with Flame Frets
    Jackson JS32 8-Q (currently upgrading to SD Blackout pickups)

Comment

The black string thru kelly looks nice. Hope its alder and NOT made in india/china/indonesia.

Comment

Originally posted by xxx256 View Post
        The black string thru kelly looks nice. Hope its alder and NOT made in india/china/indonesia.
        I highly doubt these will be either of those things. I'm assuming, in keeping with the rest of the X Series, they'll be basswood and MII.

Comment

Hope the black Kelly with white bevels comes hardtail,
          IMO they would stop putting the volume knop so close to the bridge pickup,,, its old.

Comment

Originally posted by IKHOR22 View Post
            Hope the black Kelly with white bevels comes hardtail,
            IMO they would stop putting the volume knop so close to the bridge pickup,,, its old.
            Just think of it as ample opportunity to practice your volume swells.

Comment

I'm not necessarily down on the concept of the X series, but...why only basswood? Other companies offer a decent selection of woods for their "budget" series. Why is Jackson only limiting themselves to basswood? It's not like I'm asking for a flame maple top here. ;p

Comment

Hm, judging from the abrupt paint ending at the neck joint, Id bet that these are made in China as opposed to India. As far as basswood goes, the SLSXMG I had, while the workmanship left much to be desired, sounded REALLY good. So dont knock the wood until youve tried it, Id take basswood over what they consider Mahogany any day of the week.
                Imagine, being able to be magically whisked away to... Delaware. Hi... Im in... Delaware...

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                  The EMGs, rosewood fretboard, and what look to be Floyd Rose Pros would all be consistent with the rest of the product line.
                  Where do you see them with a Floyd Rose Pro? A Floyd Pro is a low-profile trem with the tiny string lock screws that come right out of the top of the saddles. These look like regular Floyds. Also, the string spacing of a Floyd Pro is different.
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Originally posted by toejam View Post
                    Where do you see them with a Floyd Rose Pro? A Floyd Pro is a low-profile trem with the tiny string lock screws that come right out of the top of the saddles. These look like regular Floyds. Also, the string spacing of a Floyd Pro is different.
                    Whoops, I meant to say Floyd Rose Special. I am by no means an expert on those and think they look very similar to regular Floyds. This is just me making assumptions.

Comment

Ah, I see. Yeah, the Specials are similar to the regular Floyds, I think they're just made in Korea and not Germany.
                      I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

I agree. Too close for comfortable playing.

That black quilt is pretty sweet, though...

Comment

Originally posted by Metal Spawn View Post
                          I agree. Too close for comfortable playing.

That black quilt is pretty sweet, though...
                          Agreed.. Try putting some of that black felt they use for car battery terminals under your volume knob (cut to size of course), it really helps with "accidental silence"..
                          Bon Jovi is like a frozen Coca Cola.. It's cool, it's crunchy, but when all is said and done it is still pop....

Comment

i was going to post these, but judging by the necks, origonally I figured they were just CS ir USA, but on the bright orange flame, I could tell it wasnt ebony. I cant wait though!
                            Guitars:
                            Jackson Kevin Bond RR Green
                            Jackson Kevin Bond RR Red
                            Grover Jackson Dan Spitz RR
                            Epi Thunderhorse Explorer

Amps:
                            Modded Jet City 100HDM
                            custom 4x12

"Moran!"-augistin01(maker of B.C. Rich Deathangels and Defiler of one poor RR1)

Comment

If you're a long time Jackson player, you already have that subconscious nervous twitch to check the volume pot between songs or during breaks, or when holding notes, so that's not really a problem.
                              The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                              X