Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[HELP] Grover Jackson KING V - about to buy (or to die)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HELP] Grover Jackson KING V - about to buy (or to die)

Hello, everybody and thanks in advance.

I've been searching for a King V (actually, I'm ALWAYS searching for them) and I found one in Brazil's biggest online selling website. A weird mix of craiglist and ebay (really looking like ebay). Anyway, the guy is asking for US$1463,00. BEFORE you guys start thinking about the price, I'm giving you an idea of the prices here in Brazil, for comparison's sake.

KVXT Black - in stores: US$1268,00 brand new instrument

The guitar from the seller looks like a bolt on. Please, I would like to have this guitar identified, since I don't know the seller and I've never taken a Grover Jackson in my own hands. Is it worth the price? PLEASE, don't go nuts with the Brazilian prices. I suffer a lot already thinking about them...

ORIGINAL LINK *with pics and all (in Portuguese)
    Last edited by schizotronic; 08-29-2012, 01:34 PM. Reason: link was kind of hidden

Grover Jackson is a Japanese market guitar. They also used the Jackson Stars logo for Japanese market.

As for what it is, post pictures and describe the features or nobody will be able to tell you what it is. Sharks, dots, binding, config, etc...
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Originally posted by xenophobe View Post
      Grover Jackson is a Japanese market guitar. They also used the Jackson Stars logo for Japanese market.

As for what it is, post pictures and describe the features or nobody will be able to tell you what it is. Sharks, dots, binding, config, etc...
      I've put a link on the end of my post. Pictures are there. I can't take them off and host and post.

Here it goes again. LINK FOR PICTURES HERE!

Comment

The pictures are quite dark, so it's hard to make out details, but I see:

Grover Jackson King V (Made in Japan)
        Bolt-on neck w/ binding
        24 frets w/ sharkfin inlays
        H-H Seymour Duncan pickups
        Some sort of trem
        possible rosewood fretboard

Sorry I don't know the exact model, and there really was no equivalent US market model. It seems quite mid line; for value in US I'd go with $300 - $420 depending on condition & case.
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
        X