Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Sneak peek: more Jackson killer guitars on the horizon...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sneak peek: more Jackson killer guitars on the horizon...

Just found this, on facebook:

And more in here: http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3496743&type=3

Would this possibly be the new Pro Series that Chris Cannella was refering to?

They sure look good to me
    Last edited by armdias; 08-29-2012, 12:31 PM.

I commented. I wonder if I get banned from the Jackson page.
    The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Only Three screws in the neck? - interesting concept. I guess. Not sure I'm a fan.
      -Now....shut up n play yer guitar

Comment

I doubt their social media team even reads the comments. After seeing about the 7th "y u no put mop sharkies, jackson king v style, neck through, bird maple, made in usa, three humbuckers, kahler tremolo? that real metalz fuitar!" comment, I even want to ring someone's neck!

I actually think these look cool. Yeah, probably not USA build quality, but that's probably not why they're made. I probably also wont be too scarred to play one in a dingy bar or a cramped basement either.

Comment

The number of people who don't understand physics well enough and think that 3 bolts somehow means the neck will fall off when hit by a stray gust of wind boggles my mind.

I think they look great and it's about time we got a more ergonomically shaped heel.

lol at the people who want a mid-level import guitar to have real MOP inlays and ebony boards.

Comment

I have only 2 things to say about this...

Maple fretboards...
            Side Dots...

One more thing.. Yes!
            1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
            1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
            2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
            2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
            2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
            2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
            1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
            2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
            2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
            1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
              The number of people who don't understand physics well enough and think that 3 bolts somehow means the neck will fall off when hit by a stray gust of wind boggles my mind.

I think they look great and it's about time we got a more ergonomically shaped heel.

lol at the people who want a mid-level import guitar to have real MOP inlays and ebony boards.
              Interesting that people are telling you (or you read somewhere) they think the necks will fall off. Thats foolish I agree. My concern is more about overall build quality, stability and tone. I wonder what the odds are that we start seeing American Jacksons that way? I would bet, not so much, but who knows huh?

Comment

+1 I like 'em!

Originally posted by silar View Post
                I have only 2 things to say about this...

Maple fretboards...
                Side Dots...

One more thing.. Yes!
                I want to go out nice and peaceful in my sleep like my grandfather, not screaming and hollering like the passengers in his car.

Comment

Originally posted by dvscool View Post
                  Interesting that people are telling you (or you read somewhere) they think the necks will fall off. Thats foolish I agree.
                  Probably more in reference to comments on Facebook. Grade A example: "Only one screw at top for neck?????????? This is a terrible design because the neck pulls from top. That one lonely screw at top now has double the amount of tension on it!!! This is a terrible design and cost cutting at its finest."

Comment

And something else I didn't notice..... NO PICKUP RINGS!!! Awesome!
                    1996 Jackson PS-4 Performer - Trans Green flame
                    1997 Jackson DX1 Professional - Black
                    2001 Jackson DX10DFS - Trans Red - Soon to be Bubinga Burl!
                    2006 Jackson DK2M - Inferno Red
                    2007 Jackson DXMG - Black
                    2011 Charvel Desolation DC-2 - Trans Black
                    1978 Fender 12 String Acoustic
                    2004 Alverez Acoustic/Electric
                    2011 Fender 4 string Jazz Bass
                    1995 Ibanez 4 string ??? Bass

Comment

I'm liking these new Jacksons and can't wait to try some of them out! I was holding onto my money in order to get one of the new 7 strings but now that I've saw this one I might wait until I try it

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                        Probably more in reference to comments on Facebook. Grade A example: "Only one screw at top for neck?????????? This is a terrible design because the neck pulls from top. That one lonely screw at top now has double the amount of tension on it!!! This is a terrible design and cost cutting at its finest."

Yeah, could be man I didn't even bother to read the FB posts.

Comment

Originally posted by VanHoosen View Post
                          There are some real jems in there

"Finally something without sharkfins. How about a japanese strat with a single hum, vol, FR and 22 fretboard instead of more of the same garbage Jackson's made over the last 10 years? Or would that be too successful?"

"and enough with the @#$%ing binding already!"

^ Soooo... he wants a Charvel?
                          Last edited by groverj3; 08-29-2012, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Depending on the price, I'd go for it. Doesent Tom Anderson use a similar neck bolt design with 2 screws and a "V" slot the neck connects to? Looks like Jackson is copying Good Ole' Tom.

Comment

Originally posted by groverj3 View Post
                              There are some real jems in there
                              Yeah, especially the people asking for Kahlers.

Comment

Working...
                              X